Nissan Titan Forum banner

dealer wants my truck...HAH

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RckyMtn Titan 
#1 ·
I had that ubiquitous phone call from the dealer, "we want to buy your truck 10% above blue book value..." So, I had to go to another nearby dealer for warranty work on my car, so we went ahead and stopped in to see what they would offer. They came back with a whopping $18k for my 2010 Pro-4x with less than 55k miles on it. I was stunned. To their chagrin, I had previously checked Blue Book 3 days earlier, to the tune of $23k. I wondered if they had entered in the correct options, the sheet showed they did. So after telling them fat chance in hell are they getting my truck for $5k less than what it is worth, I went home and double checked what I had seen 3 days ago, and sure enough, there is my $23k(range is $22k-$24k) still listed. Talk about highway robbery.

#2 ·
Good on you for calling them on their BS.

VMR Canada shows ~$19,500 wholsale and ~$22,500 retail for a 2010 Pro4x, so locally they're worth a little less but more than you were offered at "10% over blue book".

#3 ·
Thanks for the support. Canadian Miner.

Update - They have kept bugging me, and amazing enough, they have come up to a more reasonable offer on mine. They have yet to cut much off of a new one, and I am still PO'd they tried to low ball me to begin with when they called me. I told them to make it an offer I'd be stupid to turn down, and so far they have only come up with offers I would be stupid to accept.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.