Nissan Titan Forum banner

Aftermarket HU Install

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  phatplat 
#1 ·
Hello People,

I just got 2012 Titan SV and was going to install my pioneer head unit. I purchased the wire adapter metra 70-7550 with the two plugs. I matched all the colors from the hu harness to the adapter harness. When I connected the radio, nothing happened. No power or anything. When I looked at the harness, the colors did not match up attached are the pictures of the metra harness and the truck harness. DId I get the right one?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Colors won't match wires in the vehicle. They almost never do. First things first check to see if you have power to the HU plug. Check both the red wire and yellow wire. If you get power on both then check your ground wire. It's been a while since I've done a nissan vehicle but you may have to ground the wire from the HU yourself to a metal spot in the vehicle.

Try those first. If you have no power to the red/yellow wires check your fuse box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.