Nissan Titan Forum banner

Mods for the money

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  p.knight 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Nissan Titan 2wd. I currently only have a superchip programmer and k&n cold air intake. The power is pretty nice. But I am looking for some more light mods that will make a good difference. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
Forgot to mention that I already have exhaust setup. I used to have straight pipe no muffler. But that got a little annoying so I put a flow master 40 on it and I could tell a power difference. I have been debating on whether to get headers or not. This truck is my every day driver and I don't want to sacrifice it just to go fast.

#4 ·
change your b-pipes on if you haven't already. I have Cajun b-pipes with no cats. under $200 mod. if you get headers, prepare to get a different tuner as well. it has been strongly suggested to go to uprev tune after headers. I have the same issue on debating the headers. another cheap mod is the screen delete mod.
http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22678

#5 ·
Thats right I can fix you up with some bpipes that will pass emissions and perform. pm me if interested... Thanks sirdukedh. :)

#7 ·
Legit question. i didn't know at first either. they are the pipes between your headers and y-pipe, or your catback exhaust if you have one. they replace your secondary cats or resonators if you have them. you can go with high flow cats or no cats at all. No prob nightowl. still waiting on those stickers. lol.

#8 ·
I looked them up. And it seems to make a CIS noise. That doesn't seem to be a sound that I want for my truck.

#9 ·
I had CIS when I did the muffler swap. I don't think the aftermarket (high performance) b-pipes changed the CIS sound.

#10 ·
Well I went with a flowmaster 40 muffler to get rid if all the popping that my straight pipes had. And I kinda don't want to go back to that either. Interstate driving was a pain. Now it is mellow as can be. Has a nice low hum. I'm just a normal guy that wants my truck to haul lol. But I don't want my truck to be obnoxious either. I'm thinking about just getting a shift kit installed. And maybe throttle bottle spacer. And be done

#13 ·
Yep. Mine has been sitting in my garage on a shelf for about 3 years. The sound it produced was kind of interesting but it didn't do anything for the performance.

#14 ·
I thought you were looking for a performance difference. in that case just stick with what you have. not much more you can do that doesn't change the sound of the truck. that and if you get b-pipes with cats it really wouldn't make things that much louder i would think. I have no secondary cats and my truck isn't nearly as loud as i thought it would be. unless you always punch it, you prob. won't notice on the highway. i've heard some pretty loud T's at the last meet i went to. X pipes and dual exhaust were the culprits there. they were setting off car alarms.

#15 ·
I have an xpipe set up with a single muffler. And the bpipes sound interesting. Just don't want my truck too loud again. Been there, done that. I am gonna do some more research though. I might just go ahead and get headers and bpipes and forget about loudness lol.

#19 ·
Well.........:shave2-big: what kinda muffler you have? there was a guy with a 05 at the meet with just Bullydog tuner, x-pipes and the same b-pipes. don't remember the muffler, but that thing was the loudest damn exhaust i've heard on a T. he scared a women off the road when he revved it. down right comical. and LOUD!

#16 ·
IMO, upgrade to the Airaid MXP intake, which has been proven to beat just about every other setup out there by a pretty good margin. With the deal going on now from AJUSA (using the "rocket" discount code) combined with the $50 rebate from Airaid, it'll cost you less than anything else. Plus if you sell your k&n even for just $75, you'd be under $100 for the MXP!!! Also, since you are 2wd you probably just have resonators in your factory b-pipes, so if you went with catless 2.25" Cajuns I doubt it would be much louder than now.

#18 ·
this is true, after it is said in done, i'll have paid $184 for the MXP and got a pair of modded headlights for my old injen.

#22 ·
Anyone around sarasota,fl with a titan I have one with mods including stillen longtube headers, stillen CAI, stillen exhaust,uprev cable management with 5 maps including racing map.Throttle body spacer MAS upgrade .I may be able to help with my experience
and knowledge.Oh ya i love my titan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.