Nissan Titan Forum banner

Brake Issue

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  muckingfuss 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 with the off road package. This morning I was on my way to work and my brake light came on. Once it came on my brakes were acting weird and it was making a weird sound in the pedal. Almost like it was trying to engage the ABS. I got to work and turned the truck off and then back on and the brakes were fine. I checked the fluid and it was a little low. I drove it to the store to buy the brake fluid and they were fine. I topped the fluid off. Anyone think it was just the fluid or could it be something else?

#2 ·
Low fluid level will cause that problem. The level must be kept to the full line.

#4 ·
if your fluid is low enough to cause issues, then you need brake service. your pads are worn and scraping will happen soon..unless you have brake fluid puddling somewhere under your truck when parked. either way...you need to service the problem. also, now that you filled the reservoir, you'll have brake fluid spilling over the top when the calipers are pushed back to take on new pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.