Nissan Titan Forum banner

level kit big problem

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Misfit482 
#1 ·
I tried to install my level kit today in my 07 4x4 with nothing but issues,unless i missed something in all of the post i read about doing these i was under the impression it should have been a walk in the park to do in about 3 hours

#1 the stock upper arm- it hits the coil tower and will not come down far enough to re-install the upper ball joint how do i resolve this

the new level block is 1-5/8 thick
WELL I FOUND OUT WHY MY LEVEL KIT DIDNT WORK, IT TURNS OUT IT ALREADY HAD A 1" KIT ON FROM THE 1ST OWNER and nobody knew it....dont buy from a dealer they dont know anything about what is traded in!!!!

so now i have a question i hope..... the kit i bought is a 3" level kit, it came from supreme suspension which i might add they are great people to talk to, they are awesome and have knowledge... it looks like the level kit that was put in the truck which we think is a 1" kit was causing the upper control arm to hit the coil tower, is this something that happens all the time? Im going to take the 1" off and put my 3" on in place of that.....so my question is should I buy a 4"spindle to gain more control arm space?

#2 ·
You can't run more than 3.5" front lift on a Titan without stepping up to a bracket lift (6+"). If you try, you will kill your CV axles. With more than 2" on a 2007 4X4 you will require aftermarket upper control arms from someone like PRG or Dirt King. It is also recommended to replace the bumpstops so you don't over cycle and blow your shocks. Longer sway bar endlinks are also recommended so you don't flip your sway bar. Even with just your 3" you wil still have coil bucket contact while driving which will eventually break your truck. They do not make "lift" spindles for 4X4's unless it is
part of a bracket lift kit. Those spindles will not work with just a leveling kit.

#3 ·
thank you for responding, my initial plan is to install the full 6" lift from a well known company, but i figured i would wait a little before the purchase so i can learn all of the options available first. im glad you mention the lift spindle not available for purchase because i was looking for it but no luck. and of course wheels and tires are a huge expense, the truck has black wheels that i would like to sell or trade for some pro comps or something else, than im ready to put the lift on, i was impressed on how easy it was to install the level kit thanks again im sure i will have more questions later

#4 ·
No problem. If you are on Facebook there is a group on there called Titantalk. Usually get quicker responses to questions there for future reference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.