Nissan Titan Forum banner

Maintenance questions

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jay185 
#1 ·
A couple months ago we bought an 06 Titan with about 88,000 miles on it. It now has almost 91,000. I really have no idea what has been done to the truck as far as maintenance so figured I would change the plugs. I'm going to use NGK but wasn't sure if I had to use the laser platinums. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to also improve the mpg as I'm only getting about 11.5 in town. Anything else I should do to the truck as far as maintenance? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Check the differentials and transfer case to confirm they've been done.
Check the transmission fluid level, consider replacing.
Inspect brakes, ball-joints, u-joints.
Check shocks for leakage and leafs for breakage.

I'm sure there's more. Look at the service recommendations in the manual and do you best to confirm that everything that should have been done has been done. Also make note of anything that has been replaced, specifically if a component has been replaced on one side only...odds are the other side isn't far behind.

#4 ·
Not really. Probably can't do better than the originals, but they can be pricey. I think I used Bosch the last time. Most high quality plugs should be fine, I doubt any will last nearly as long as the OEM double platinum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.