Nissan Titan Forum banner

In need of help bad !

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  rpeles 
#1 ·
so I have an 07 titan 4x4 with a pro comp stage 1 6in lift .. I recently added bilstein 5100 on the middle perch with 35/12.50/20 . After this though I've noticed this real bad shake from the rear end where it almost shakes me out of my seat . The kicker is though with weight in the bed of the truck it doesn't do it hardly at all but when it does happen it's between 45-60 mph any help would be appreciated .

#2 ·
Did you take it back to where you got it done?

#5 ·
Are the rear shocks too short? Shock bushings worn out?

I would have said inspect all u-joints, but the symptoms going away with a load in the bed dismisses that....I'd check them anyway.

Changes with load could be from changes in driveshaft angle. Some trucks require shims to rotate the rear axle slightly to prevent u-joint chatter. Also trucks with 4" or more rear lift should have the PRG drive-shaft spacer.

Or consider the complete upgrade kit.

Give Greg at PRG a call, I'm sure he's diagnosed every problem that's come up with a lifted Titan.

#7 ·
Buy the upgrade kit from prg. I got it for my pro comp lift.

#8 ·
Ive been running a lift for almost 10 yrs now with no drive shaft spacer. I guess ive been lucky.

May be a shot in the dark but, dont forget to check out the shackles and leaf springs.

Also, once you get this figured out I highly recommend the parts canadian listed above but, also some traction bars. For the money, they were the most noticeable difference in all around stability of the truck.

#9 ·
Traction bars were an excellent upgrade. 100% necessary after UpRev. The truck launches straight and hard with no noticeable wheel hop.

#10 ·
i actually already have traction bars they definitely are nice. but im thinking about taking out the 3in block in the rear and switching to a 2 to see if that changes anything I figure after that ill know forsure its something to do with driveshaft angle. either that or its something shaking up front that just shakes so bad that I think its the rear... who knows anymore.

#11 ·
The first thing I would do is to over every nut and bolt with a torque wrench. This reminds me of when I bought new shocks for the truck I had before the T, a 97 Dodge Ram 1500. I had a new set of shocks installed, but had some shake from the rear along with some noise. It turns out the shocks were only finger tight. The tech forgot to tighten the bolts. When I used to autocross or run time trials, I always spend time going over the entire car with the torque wrench. Bolts and lug nuts don't always stay tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.