Nissan Titan Forum banner

Anyone do a muffler swap before

9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jerry helton 
#1 ·
I've been looking around online for a better muffler that would give my 2004 nissan titan a deeper growl. Has anyone done a muffler swap and used the tailpipe or dumped the tailpipe? All input is appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Yes! Lots of information on this. Search "My exhaust findings" as a thread title.

Cheap with good gains would be a Magnaflow or Borla swapped in or dumped.

Better is a 08+ take off with a swap.

Best is questionable...with headers and tune I'd vote for the Cajun Y-Pipe, Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, and Borla Muffler.

#4 ·
I'm swapping out my Gibson muffler for a borla.

#5 ·
If you just want a better sound and you dont want to spend the change, you can easily and affordably go with a magnaflow or flowmaster. My last two set ups have been with the flowmaster 40 super 44, I like the sound and ive still got stock cats and headers so .....performance is pretty much on the same playing field without touching anything forward of the muffler.

Gibson/Borla are super nice with good performance but, you're gonna pay more for them too

#7 ·
I went with a JBA muffler swap back when I first got the Titan. Nothing fancy just a growl worthy of a smile:big_grin: every time I stomped on the gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.