Nissan Titan Forum banner

Squeeling from the tensioner pulley

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nmbronewinner 
#1 ·
Just like it says. Pulley itself is squeeling. It started this last week after being so freaking cold.

Before anyone says to check my belt....I did. I actually put a wood rod on the pulley to put some pressure on it while it was spinning and the squeeling went away.

Anybody have this problem or heard of others?

Can i simply change the pulley or are the bearings in the assembly behind it?

Any input would be great before I pull it off to check it out.

#2 ·
Replace the entire assembly. Install a new belt while your at it. The assembly includes the pulley, bearings, tensioner, and mount. It's just a couple bolts into the block. Easy job, as long as you look carefully at the belt routing before you start.

When you compare the old one to the new I think you'll find the old spins very easily but grinds a bit...the bearings are shot.

#3 ·
Right on, I looked at it today and realized this was the case. I changed the belt a few months ago. After originally being told by the dealership it would cost $185 to change the belt, years ago....Ive got the belt routing and R2 down to about 15 minutes. Thanks man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.