Nissan Titan Forum banner

2007 Titan King Cab 2 Wheel Drive Suspension Rebuild

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Kingpin 
#1 ·
Hi all,

So, after eight years and 159K miles, it's definitely time to rebuild my suspension. I do believe that I've been rather lucky as I've had very few problems with the truck. I'm even still on the original brake pads! Anyhow, on to what this post is actually about...

2007 Titan XE King Cab

What I'm looking to do is to rebuild the entire front and rear suspension and steering components in an effort to regain that "new-truck" (or better) feel. Some of the parts are in very poor condition while some are just a little worn but I'll be swapping it all out just the same. During the process, I plan to install a lowering kit like I've wanted to do for some time.

I need recommendations for brands/suppliers for all of the parts I'm looking for. Reasonable cost is certainly a must but if there is a better part that's worth the extra cash, I want to know.

Upper Control Arms-
Lower Control Arms-
I've found the Moog R-Series control arms on partstrain.com for about $80 for the uppers and $83 for the lowers. Now Moog is good quality and these control arms meet OEM spec but they don't have Moog's "problem solver" ball joints and the ball joints cannot be replaced in them. However, no one has been able to tell me what "problems" they solve and most everyone says change the whole control arm, not just the ball joint so I don't know if the others are worth the extra cash.

Tie-Rod Ends

Steering Rack

Polyurethane bushings for:
Steering Rack
Sway Bar Mounts and End Links
Control Arms
Anything I've forgotten

Lowering Kit-
I've been wanting the Bell Tech 2/4 kit for some time but someone recently recommended the McGaughy's 2/3 kit. The McGaughy's kit much less expensive and leaves the axle on top of the spring. I'm unsure if 3" or 4" is the right drop for the back. I want it level or close to it but I obviously don't want it to sit lower in back than the front. Anyone used either of these kits before? I have been unable to find a spec on the spring rate for either kit. Is it the same as stock or stiffer? I wouldn't think it would be softer as that just wouldn't make sense.

Shocks-
I put a set of Bilsteins on all four corners not too terribly long ago. The Bell Tech kit comes with shocks but I don't know if they're any good or not. The McGaughy's kit doesn't require new shocks.

Rear Sway Bar-
Is this worth the extra expense? Any body ever add one?

The polyurethane bushings are turning out to be the hardest for me to source. I know the stuff has to be out there somewhere but I'm not finding much.

I know it's a lot of stuff but I have to think someone has done this same project before and if not, someone's done parts of it so please help with what you can. I want to collect all the parts over the next week and then knock it all out next weekend if I can get everything here.

Thanks in advance for any advice, I appreciate any and all help!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.