Nissan Titan Forum banner

Aftermarket Radio Install Help!!! Please!!!!

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rossi 
#1 · (Edited)
i have an 06 titan le crew cab with the RF 6cd changer. i just semi-installed my avic-z1. however... there is NO SOUND! i have a metra nissan 95 and up wiring harness #70-7550 that i got for the install. however... it almost seems like i am missing 1 more harness to hook up the speaker wires. everything else works on the head unit... dvd navigation and so forth... just no sound with anything...

please help...

if anyone has installed an aftermarket radio on an 06 with the Rockford 6cd changer please let me know so maybe i can trouble shoot. thanks

nevermind! found it out... stil cant bypass the security features yet though...

#2 ·
There should be 2 harnesses. The larger one is for power, ground, memory, lighting etc. and front spkrs. while the smaller harness is for the rear spkrs. Now since it's the RF, all the spkr. leads go through the external amp, then get crossed to the 8 spkr. system. if you have power but no sound, you must have something wired wrong. Do you have the service manual with wiring diagrams? Also, the A/V switch might have something to do with your problem if you only replaced the HU and nothing else. Also, you will not have use of the steering wheel controls anymore, unless you get an infrared remote commander like the PAC Swix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.