Nissan Titan Forum banner

Goodyear Duratrac

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Williams family 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed a full set of Goodyear Duratract tires on there Titan? I am looking at installing a set of 295/65-18's on my 2011 4x4. I have read mixed reviews of this tire so I wanted to hear from anyone that has them on their rig. Most neg. responces on the tire comes from 3/4 and 1 ton folks.

#2 ·
Haven't had them on my T yet, but they will be my next set. I ran them on my chevy 1500 and loved 'em. The best tire I've used in snow/ice (many of the plow trucks run 'em here). Very aggressive looking tread and rides like an all terrain on pavement. Only downside is thin sidewalls (2 ply). So if you do any serious offroading in sharp rocks, not a good choice.

#4 ·
BFG AT's are a great choice too. My T came with them when I bought it. They wear like iron. I have nicknamed them BFG "stonethrowers". If you drive in gravel they like to hold a rock or two or five. 10 mi later they're spitting out into the bottom of your truck and occasionally the windshield of the car behind you. (I replaced 2 of my friends/family until I switched tires.) They are the swiss army knife of tires as they do well everywhere, but don't have extrodinary performance in one particular area.

#5 ·
I have the BFG ATs as well, but they are down to probably 40-50% and still picking up rocks as Misfit482 stated. I have had the Dura's as well on my last truck and LOVED them and that was an 08 2500 Cummins. Prices on the Dura's seem to be going up more and more... as crappy as that is I assume its for a reason. I will be biting the bullet on the Dura's once again here fairly shortly.

#6 ·
I have the 275/70-R18 (56lb) and they are a great tire on the titan. The toyo m/t 33/12.5-R18 was 75lbs and was too heavy for the titan. The 46lb bridgestone dueler a/t was not aggressive enough. The Duratrac you will find is the best choice out there for your truck.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.