Nissan Titan Forum banner

Intermittent Starting Issues

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Forestteck 
#1 ·
Hey guys check this out...
My 04 Titan quad cab just started this intermittent problem. Yesterday morning, I turned the key and nothing. I turned the key again and it started right up. In the afternoon after work, the same thing. So I went home and started looking around for loose or corrosion on the battery posts. The Optima red top is perfectly clean. No corrosion, everything is tight. Meter is 12.2v off and 14.15v idleing. I turned the key to on and all the guages look normal, dash lights, interior lights, everything is fine. This time I turned the key maybe 4 times before it started. I was thinking a fuse somewhere but they are either blown or not, right? This morning, the first turn of the key and it fired right up. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Check the ECU relay in the IPDM. Could be the IPDM itself too.

#6 ·
Where is the ECU relay? Somewhere in the fuse panel behind the battery??
The update is that the truck has started every time since I asked the question! Figures...

#5 ·
I want to check the starter connections but I have no idea where the starter is? Don't tell me I'm gonna have to go to the Nissan stealership!

#7 ·
Yep, thats how it goes. My truck would start fine for a month and then go right back to not starting. The intake manifold has to come off to change starter. I saved myself at least $100.00 by taking truck to an independent shop I trust. Dealer was to expensive for my taste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.