Nissan Titan Forum banner

Report Radiator Failures Here

25K views 131 replies 72 participants last post by  fornboglod 
#1 ·
Okay after searching forums i have found this to a very common failure....further more here are your options if your out of warranty....

Stillen...359.77 + Shipping (Best)
Ebay.....Koyo 223.95 free shipping
Nissan....465.32 + Shipping
Advance Auto Parts +287.99

Please list how many miles your radiator lasted....and what you did to replace it.....Thanks in advance....

Here's a Tally

0 to 25000 miles 0
25001 to 50000 1
50001 to 75000 1
75001 to 100000 1
100000 and over 0

#122 ·
The Visteon Ford crap radiator on mine just cracked at 35K pampered miles on my '05. Both areas near the molded end tabs were cracked on the bottom. I could slip a business card in one of the splits. As long as I can rememebr, I always had a slight tinge of coolant smell after a long drive. Never lost any coolant though. Replaced it with a Koyo. No smell at all now. I didn't want the Stillen because it would look goofy in the engine compartment. They need to paint those things black or something to blend in better. I upgraded to a modified 170* factory thermostat, did the TB coolant bypass and bought a Hayden 678 tranny cooler while I was in there.

#125 ·
Been there done that at 20K + but didn't stop mine from blowing out the bottom at 48K.

#126 ·
did you replace the cap on the radiator or the tank next to it? the cap on the radiator is a regular cap. the one that needs to be replaced is on the tank. when the truck heats up the water is pumped through the tank to relieve pressure since the top of the tank is air. so it should relive air. your is spitting water prolly because it can't relieve the air from the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#128 ·
08 Titan SE, radiator cracked at 35K miles

My low mileage extremely well taken care of Titan sprang a radiator leak the other day. Out of warranty, dealer wanted too much $$ Replaced the Visteon oem radiator with an aftermarket Koyo radiator. Nice fit on the replacement but its alot of work. Nissan should not be using these cheapo radiators.

#131 ·
My first one blew at 40K and I'm at 78K now. Dealer replaced it under my extended warranty. I guess I'm about due for my next one!
James

#132 ·
My 01 F150 has 144K on the original radiator. The F150 has had a few problems the most serious the heater box blend door problem, which the Titans also have as well.

Put in the new radiator, worst part was removing and reinstalling the fan, whew, took a mirror and alot of patience, used a short piece of fuel hose to reinstall the bolts. Saw the old rad was a Visteon, guess the Titan has a different brand than the Frontiers, still have the same problems. The Koyo fit great hopefully this one lasts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.