Nissan Titan Forum banner

Stock Exhaust

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  muckingfuss 
#1 ·
Ok this may seem like a weird question but how do you know if you have the stock exhaust? We are researching installed a new cat back but I'm thinking it might already have something on it. Its only a single pipe but seems a little louder then other local titans around here. Its an 06 crew cab if that helps any.

#2 ·
#4 ·
The stock system has a couple of distinguishing features over the non-stainless aftermarket systems that I've seen (and I've by no way seen them all!)....slightly heavier wall thickness of the post cat tubing. Aftermarket don't come with the heat shields, which are only available as part of the OEM part, not separately. Aftermarket bends usually have wrinkled inner radius....check out the Walker replacement to see what I mean. I've also noticed that the non-OEM muffler width is less than the stock. Depending on how old your muffler is, no matter who's, the interior could be blown and that makes more noise, also, I've seen a couple of mufflers that had top side rot, that makes a good bit of noise also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.