Nissan Titan Forum banner

2008 Titan Front Differential Issues

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  08TitanGirl 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I was hit head on by an 85 year old woman last August. My truck was lodged in the front end of her car. The cop made me try to dislodge myself from her vehicle. I had to put it in 4WD, and dragged her car down a hill before I could break free. Afterwards, my front differential was messed up. The insurance company was awful to deal with, telling me it was the wheel bearings. Now, I am no dummy. I work on my own cars and had the truck up on a lift. When rotating the tire, you could hear noise coming from the differential. I had both wheel bearings replaced and the truck aligned; still the same issue. I believe the bearings are bad in the differential, as well as my pinion seal is puking fluid all over the place now. I know that in the owner's manual, it explicitly states that the front tow hooks are for recovery only. My truck has become unsafe to drive at this point. I am scared to death that I am going to have an accident and hurt myself or someone else. My tires are destroyed and I don't want to spend 1K on new tires, only to have them get destroyed as well. I called the lady's insurance company yesterday and basically screamed at them for not fixing my truck properly. Does anyone have any ideas of supporting facts that I can present to the insurance comapny that will help boost my case? I don't really have the money to fix the truck, and I don't feel that it should be my issue since it was fine before that lady hit me. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.