Nissan Titan Forum banner

O4 Titan CC with false start issues

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kevin Moore 
#1 ·
Hi! I have once of the first Titans to come out in 2004. It's a SE 4x2 Crew Cab, and now it has 140,000 miles and has never had problems outside the ECU recall.

For the past several months I have had intermittent false start problems. You turn the key, the dash lights up & fan motor adjusts, then turning the key gives me a "ting", and no start. Turn off the key and try again and it starts. Sometimes it takes a few turns of the key!

Thought it might be the battery, so I replaced it and it didn't have a problem for several days. This morning it did it again. Turn the key and you hear a "Ting" , and then nothing happens. Turn again and it started right up! I'm lost.

I left it at the dealer for a whole day and they couldn't get it to duplicate. Is this a common problem ? Is there a fix outside replacing the starter, which is all the dealership suggested. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers! Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.