Nissan Titan Forum banner

FRONT SPEAKER COVERS SQUEAK !!!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  BLACKSHADOW 
#1 ·
HEY GUYS, I HAVE AN 06 LE AND I HAVE ALREADY HAD TO FIX A SQUEAKY DASH AROUND INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AND NOW THE COVERS OVER THE FRONT SPEAKERS RATTLE/SQUEAK. I DON'T WANT TO DAMAGE THE CLIPS THAT HOLD THE COVER ON, HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE COVERS OR DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO OTHER THAN STICK SOMETHING UNDER THEM? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED CAUSE THESE THINGS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.{SHORT TRIP THOUGH, HA} LATER, JD

#2 ·
WE need to find one of the electronics gurus that are used to taking the clips off the doors.

By the way, I go through your area about once a month to go to the powertrain assembly plant in Deckerd. The hwy that leads from I-24 to Deckerd is awesome for running my truck for all it is worth. That is where I clean out my injectors. LOL

#4 ·
Don't be scared of the Titan door panels!!! Nissan took the very smart approach of using clips that are replaceable. (You don't ruin the whole panel when clips break like some older domestic cars) Also they are a bit rubbery so I didn't break any when I took my panels off.

Daniel.

#5 ·
thanks guys for the input. you know how it is when something is new, you're always a little gun shy to mess with it. hey shailey whatcha do over at nissan once or so a month? i know a few people that work over there. you're right about our connector road to i-24 you can flat out haul some ACE through there and flat out get popped by five-0 to. speaking from expereince believe me. later, jd

#6 ·
mine rattle too. Tomorrow is touch up day. That's on my list of things to fix on the girl.

#7 ·
BLACKSHADOW said:
thanks guys for the input. you know how it is when something is new, you're always a little gun shy to mess with it. hey shailey whatcha do over at nissan once or so a month? i know a few people that work over there. you're right about our connector road to i-24 you can flat out haul some ACE through there and flat out get popped by five-0 to. speaking from expereince believe me. later, jd
I am the GM of a Nissan forklift company. We have a branch in Chattanooga and Knoxville. And I know a powertrain engineer pretty well that comes in every couple of weeks.

#8 ·
shailey said:
BLACKSHADOW said:
I am the GM of a Nissan forklift company. We have a branch in Chattanooga and Knoxville. And I know a powertrain engineer pretty well that comes in every couple of weeks.
THAT'S COOL, WE HAVE QUITE A FEW VENDORS AND COMPANY REP.S THROUGH ALL THE TIME AND I WAS JUST WANDERING IF YOU MAY HAVE BEEN THROUGH MY SIDE OF THE PLANT? VQ/V6 ENGINE ASSEMBLY. NEVER KNOW WE MIGHT HAVE BUMPED INTO ONE ANOTHER AND NEVER KNEW IT. SMALL WORLD ISN'T IT. I'M ON THE ASSEMBLY LINE, MANAGEMENT HAS TO MANY POLITICS FOR ME. SO I'LL STICK WHERE I'M AT. NOT A BAD PLACE TO WORK THOUGH. HEY WHILE I'M THINKING ABOUT IT, HOW DO I PUT A PIC ON MY SIGNATURE? TOOK SOME OF MY TRUCK AND WANT TO GET ON THE BOAT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. WATCH OUT FOR FIVE-0 ON YOUR NEXT TRIP THIS WAY LORD KNOWS THEY WILL BE WATCHING FOR YOU CLEANING OUT YOUR INJECTORS. HA
LATER, JD

#9 ·
I definitely appreciate the tip, because I was honestly under the impression that there weren't any cops on that road. I know that since I am saying this, it will be covered the next time I come over, but I have never seen any officers on that road. Just one state guy one time and of all people he had pulled over it was a canteen green titan. I could not get my camera out in time to take a pic.

But for help on your sig pic, here you go:

http://www.clubtitan.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6126&highlight=sig+pic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.