Nissan Titan Forum banner

My New Bumps!!

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  SoCal_Titan 
#1 ·
Just Picked these up last night... not sure when ill have them installed, but ill be sure to take pix.

1 10" Alpine Type R and 1 15" Alpine Type R, will be picking up another 10" soon.
I will be putting two tens under my rear seat in a forward firing enclosure and i will be removing my Front Center Seat and installing the 15" firing towards the back

See less See more
#3 ·
WOW_WEE. thats incredible... videos when youre done please...

#4 ·
tech12volt said:
Not a good idea. You will have some serious cancelation issues. One or the other but not all 3.
How so? Not plannin on runnin all at the same time, im going to have the 15 connected to a separate amp. Im going to wire the amps so i can manually turn them on.
I know i dont want the Sound waves competing, i just want to be able to turn the Tens off so i can Shake everything with the 15 when cruisin down the Ave.

Also considering Downfiring the 15

#5 ·
turn off the 10's to run the 15? youre only gaining a small amount of cone area. unless youre running that 15 ported, do yourself a favor...sell all 3, buy a better set of 10's and a larger single amp...dont worry about switches and tearing out seat.

#6 ·
alex053 said:
turn off the 10's to run the 15? youre only gaining a small amount of cone area. unless youre running that 15 ported, do yourself a favor...sell all 3, buy a better set of 10's and a larger single amp...dont worry about switches and tearing out seat.
Ive gone through many 10's and 15's... No 10's will get as low or shake everything around like a 15 does. Dont get me wrong the right combination of 10's and box will get LOUD but not as good as a 15
Ive had many boxes under the seat, Taken out the Entire Rear seat for subs. JL, Infinity, Alpine, Polk Audio, Rockford... Eventually ill get tired of this setup and move on as well. so Taking out the center seat isnt a hassle or inconvenience.

#7 ·
My 2 10's get pretty low... low enough to flex my back window like an inch and shake my steering wheel. I haven't found the right song yet but I think I can probably shake my windshield wipers.

#8 ·
crod504 said:
My 2 10's get pretty low... low enough to flex my back window like an inch and shake my steering wheel. I haven't found the right song yet but I think I can probably shake my windshield wipers.
Oh i ENVY your system!!! ive seen the pix. i was thinking about getting a sub setup exactly like yours, But i dont wana bite your style LoL

Its hard finding a system that will pound Mother Earth to Hell and still have perfect sound quality

#9 ·
get a set of the memphis mofo's 12" and that will rattle your brain and most likely blow out your rear window, lol. thats that hardest hitting 12's i have ever heard. blows that 1 15 out the box. no comparison.

#11 ·
TexasTitan05 said:
yeah, i'm pretty impressed how my 10's sound.... hope all goes well with your install; i'd trust what tech12 has to say, he has tons of experience!!
I get what he's sayin but i wasnt plannin on play all 3 at the same time. Im still not sure if im going to rear fire or down fire it

Im not a big fan of Memphis, and for the price im sure i can find something better

#12 ·
i guess you have never heard the speaker that i am talking about. plus if you ever blow the speaker it ahas a llifetime warrantee at the place you buy them, so all you have to do is pay the $40 shipping fee and you have speakers. and i doubt you find something better for the price.

#13 ·
titanman2 said:
i guess you have never heard the speaker that i am talking about. plus if you ever blow the speaker it ahas a llifetime warrantee at the place you buy them, so all you have to do is pay the $40 shipping fee and you have speakers. and i doubt you find something better for the price.
Ive heard the subs your talking about, still not a fan of them. As for price it really doesnt matter as i buy most of my car audio through family that sells it. Never have to worry about warranty

#16 ·
cburns1101 said:
why not just run 4 10's????
Might later on down the road
Big Don said:
2 Boston G5 10" woofers built like this, would fit under the back seat and would blow that 15 out of the water, so to speak.

http://mightytitans.boardnation.com/index.php?topic=4485.0
Geez noone likes the idea of having a 15" or what? I switch systems about every 2 months. Removing a single seat or the entire back seat isnt a problem for me, its just Wifey and Me riding in my truck.

Didnt think this would turn into a "I think you should build YOUR system this way" Thread

#17 ·
Change of Plans!!! I was going to get another 10" Type R but i got hooked up with 2 10w6v2's for a good price!!

So my 10" Type R pictured above is For Sale!!

Looking to sell locally (Unless you pay for Shipping), as the sub is in a Ported Box fits perfectly behind the driver seat with Rear Seat U or use in an other vehicle you own. $150 and its yours!!!
Dual 4ohm, wired in Parallel for a 2ohm Load

#19 ·
#21 ·
Oh i know... I was just confused on what you said good luck with. It will be difficult mounting these subs. But i guess ill just go with a box that extends past the front of the seat or just remove the Single seat behind the passenger again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.