Nissan Titan Forum banner

Heater will not Blow Hot Air

37K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BruteTitan 
#1 ·
Well just a few days ago my heater in the titan quit blowing hot air, it only blows cold air. This happened instantly, not over a period of time. I have the dual climate controls and the fan works fine, ac works fine, but the temp. doesn't change at all from 60-90*. What do you think the most common problem could be? I am thinking something to do with the temp control module or actuator. Anybody got any ideas. Coolant is fine, just replaced raditor cap, engine temp is fine.

#3 ·
Check the servos that move the damper plates, and the damper plates themselves in the air box for free movement.

The servos themselves are fairly bullet proof, but the chinsey little plastic doo-hicky (technical term) that the rods connect to break easy if there is a jam, i.e. airbox distorts due to high heat.

Neighbors Armada went through this saga last fall. Nissan, out of frustration and my neighbor threatening lemon law, replaced the entire airbox/damper set up.

#4 ·
Where is the airbox/dampner located? Is it inside the dash on the passenger side? Ya it doesn't work under any of the modes, defrost, feet, face, ac on/off, dual/single climate. That sounds like the problem, but Alaska doesn't get high heat situations although it gets actuated often due ambient temperature fluctuations. Thanks

#6 ·
This happened to the wifes 2004 maxima and come to find out there was no coolant in the radiator. No leaks found in the garage or driveway but some how the upper and lower rad hoses wear bad and leaked. It also never ran hot without coolant. I just re-read your post and see that the coolant is fine.

#8 ·
I just had the cap replaced.... I will check the level just in case though.

#10 ·
Ya Alaska's weather sucks...Except 24hrs of daylight in the summer is kinda nice:)

#13 ·
Well I narrowed it down to the control valve on the heater core coolant hose under the hood on the firewall isn't opening.... Hot on one side and cold on the other. I don't have any blown fuses, and tested the wire connector voltage and it had like .2 volts. I think it isn't getting a signal to open. I can hear my mixing air actuactor moving inside the cab when adjusting the temp...Haven't really done much more cause of the tranny rebuild project. Will most likely take it to the stealership when I go do the AC Condenser Recall in a couple weeks.

#14 ·
Well I finally got the heater problem fixed, needless to say with no help from the stealership. Man I hate going there. They always give me the run around. So I set up an appointment, Drive 150 miles, sit there for three hours waiting for them to even get started working on the truck, wait another three hours for them to tell me that they aren't quite sure what is wrong, even after I told what I had found. They finally call their tech line the next day and sure enough it was the control valve on the heating glycol. First they tell me my antifreeze is way bad and that it was straight glycol with no water and that is why it wasn't heating up. I called BS and told them that the engine temp is perfect and the coolant is getting hot, just not getting past the shut valve. But I went ahead and had them flush the system since I had 50K miles on the fluid couldn't hurt. Of course this didnt help the current situation. So I had to drive all the way home empty handed and pissed. I had them ship me the valve and I installed it myself a couple weeks later. Works great now. Sorry my riff but those guys are sooo dumb!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.