Nissan Titan Forum banner

Power Steering Fluid Line leaking...

24K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  RegalNissanParts.com 
#1 ·
So I was getting my oil changed yesterday, at a place that I have come to trust with my truck. They told me that my Power steering fluid line is leaking and to replace it would be $450. He also told me that he has never replaced one on a titan.... which means he wont be doing it.... all I wanna know is has anyone on here gotten theirs replace and about how much does it cost?

#3 ·
I too have the same problem with a very small leak in the power steering hose.

I would expect than anyone who has a Titan that is more than 2-3 years old also has a leak. It appears that the part, as well as the replacement part, is not well enough made to contain a leak. I wish there was an aftermarket part that has an improved, longer lasting design.

I've got a 1994 Ford F-150, a 15 year old truck, and the power steering hose is leak free. You can add the power steering hose to the list of crappy parts on Titan trucks, power steering hose, axle seals, rear ends, radiators, IPDMs, etc. Alas, the list keeps growing.

#4 ·
You can add the power steering hose to the list of crappy parts on Titan trucks, power steering hose, axle seals, rear ends, radiators, IPDMs, etc. Alas, the list keeps growing.
Sad, but 100% true :(

#6 ·
I just replaced mine today because I noticed it was leaking from both ends of the clamp. After removing the hose I took it to this very reputable tubes & hoses place in town. 45mins & $50 later I was on my way home with a better than factory hose. The guy was able to reuse the fitting ends but replaced the hose and clamps. Sounds like I saved myself $400. :)

#7 ·
I had a pin hole on a hard line section caused by dirt, trapped in a pipe braket.
The leak was very small and hard to spot, hidden behind the rubber booth. Dripping when stopped and sucking air in when running, I assume.
Simple fix with a pipe cutter, 6'' of fuel hose and a few good clamp. If you can save 450 bucks...

Edit: 2009, damn. Oh well, might help somebody.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.