Nissan Titan Forum banner

drive belt part number???

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Canadian Miner 
#1 ·
What drive belt part number is everyone using for the goodyear gatorback? I've seen 4070970 and 4070975. I have a 2004 XE 4x4.

#2 ·
The 970 will be tight and max the tensioner out, and the 975 will fit just fine with the tensioner in the middle range. Someone posted that the OEM belt is 97.3" long. The 970 is 97", and the 975 is 97.5". I've been running the 975 for well over 3 years with no problems.

#3 ·
Correct, I got that 97.3" info straight from a Nissan Titan Manual.

#4 ·
Up for usefull info,

Also, need to replace rad with CSF3328. Drive belt will be done at the same time, trans fluid replace with Amsoil ATF (11 quarts?). Anyone of you replace the water pump or belt tensioner while gutting all this stuff out? Looking for stuff that I can do while ripping everything apart. Truck is 85k miles.

Thanks
Simon

#5 ·
Check the other pulleys when you have the belt off. Also carefully check clearances of the fan after the radiator install. Assume going into the install that some areas of the fan shroud will need to be trimmed as the CSF unit is slightly thicker than stock.

Might be a good time for an intake, as you have the stock piping removed for the install.

As for putting Amsoil in the transmission, I'm not sure what the current thought is on this. At one time only Matic-J was recommend but hopefully there's been enough miles put on with Amsoil to confirm it is a good option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.