Nissan Titan Forum banner

Got a flat tire!!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TITAN57 
#1 ·
I ran over something on the way to work Weds. morning and when I left work it was flatter than a frizbee in the parking lot. The sensor didn't sound in route to work(the tire looked fine when I arrived but, I heard it leaking air) and there was no alarm when I drove it with the spare tire. The first flat I had, the alarm went off well before the tire went flat, is it a bad sensor??

#2 ·
if you had a bad sensor you normally get the light only, no buzzer. I get bad sensors light all the time.

#4 ·
it could have just been while driving you were keeping the air in enough to not get under 28 pounds. once you stopped it let the pressure down, so it would leak. I would not make a trip to the dealership for that alone, but next time you are they have them check the receiver, as it could be the problem. The receiver knows when the actual sensors go bad, so it would have done something to get your attention. Since it did not, it would have to be the receiver. good luck

#7 ·
chasenme said:
hey when I put on my new wheels and tires my new wheels wouldnt accept the wheel sensors so I run with out them my warning light comes on about every 50 miles or so and resets when I turn my truck off there is no buzzing to alarm you just the light. Peace Out....
Thanks for the info. My does have the audible warning cause it went off on my last flat. It lets out a " bing...bing...bing" for about 5 seconds. Seriously. The first time I heard it, I was driving and I was looking around wondering what the h*** is going on here.

I'm not worried or anything, the tire sensors are the one thing on the truck I prefer not to have. It won't cause problems if I leave it disabled, will it?

#9 ·
I like the tire press sensors & I hope they work properly. Years ago I had a rear
blowout at 70 MPH because it was going flat. Fortunately the tire stayed on the
wheel & the wheel was not damaged. When a rear tire goes flat you will not know until it
is too late. Properly functioning tire press sensors can save you alot of money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.