post #572 of 577 Old 06-09-2008, 09:06 AM
kuntao
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2005Armada
WOW, I just spent my afternoon reading this entire thread from beginning to end. OMG, the things you guys went through, and then to hear that you are getting things fixed, only to get hosed again.
Ok going from what I read, some things that are off the top of my head
1. If Nissan will void your warranty for adding the Stillen S/C, (A) why would they install it in house (B) why would they push Stillen S/C at certain dealerships, (C) and why can't the dealer or Stillen come to some type of agreement to use a CERTIFIED ASE Tech, that has been trained and certified by Stillen to install the S/C, since it is be advertised at a Nissan dealership? As someone else posted, COMMON SENSE, would be the logical sense in that, but then again most businesses are just worried about the bottom line, and not customer happiness IMO.
2. One thing I am shaky on, KUNGTAO received a new engine, and F-16 had his engine rebuilt, why grant only one new motor, and have the other motor rebuilt, if both initial installs where done at the same dealership?
These are alot of good points here. 1)This why I bought the supercharger in the first place from the nissan dealership because they were an authorized stillen dealer. So I said to myself what could go wrong? And the answer was everything in my case..And I agree the dealerships have no idea on how to install these kits IMO just way to complex... 2)We both were supose to get new engines...But like F-16 I'm waiting on the paperwork...In closing this is a BIG MONEY purchase make sure the person working on your truck knows what they are doing...Learn from our mistakes....

Pics of WHITE Stillen S/C Truck:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #573 of 577 Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 AM
QShip
Shift_Obsessed

I went to an authorized Stillen dealer as well. Harte Nissan. As a result of going to Harte Nissan, I am on my second motor, (my cost), second blower, (things happen) and narrowly escaped destroying a second motor. Thank God for Cipher, Randy, and Kyle.

With the data I sent to Randy and Kyle, the motor was saved. Kyle sent an updated p-back in exchange for the old one. I then went to LIA Nissan and the truck is good.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Get everything in writing before you purchase any power adder. Take nothing for granted and do not ASSUME. Do not take anyone's word. GET IT IN WRITING FIRST.

2004 SE KC
B & B Exhaust, Stillen LT Headers, Stillen S/C, Volant CAI, TruTrak, IPT VB, Level 10 TC, Level 10 Rebuild kit, Uprev ECU

Friends don't let friends add boost to their Titans...

post #574 of 577 Old 06-09-2008, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
f-16
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylem
I have absolutely no explanation of what I think went wrong. We never got to see the truck again. Any "explanation" would be purely speculative and therefore irrelevant.

However, I do remember a conversation that you and I had where you expressed your thoughts regarding the possible re-assembly rather than replacement of your engine by the dealership. If the damaged engine was reassembled to the point where it would simply limp around rather than being completely replaced. Then this could have been the cause.

i have the paperwork in front of me from the new motor install,i aslo talked to the service manager. he told me "he could give me all the info they had on file"

l"

beware of boost

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #575 of 577 Old 06-09-2008, 02:56 PM
kuntao
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QShip
I went to an authorized Stillen dealer as well. Harte Nissan. As a result of going to Harte Nissan, I am on my second motor, (my cost), second blower, (things happen) and narrowly escaped destroying a second motor. Thank God for Cipher, Randy, and Kyle.

With the data I sent to Randy and Kyle, the motor was saved. Kyle sent an updated p-back in exchange for the old one. I then went to LIA Nissan and the truck is good.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Get everything in writing before you purchase any power adder. Take nothing for granted and do not ASSUME. Do not take anyone's word. GET IT IN WRITING FIRST.
A agree with Chad from this day forward I will get everything in writing...That's the only way you will be protected!!!!

Pics of WHITE Stillen S/C Truck:
post #576 of 577 Old 06-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Papa_D
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntao
A agree with Chad from this day forward I will get everything in writing...That's the only way you will be protected!!!!
I agree, unless you can afford to foot the bill for other peoples mistakes or oversights, a written contract is the only way to go.

Chad brings up another good point as well, Cypher saved his second motor. In my mind, major power adders come with a certain amount of risk associated with them and if you are thinking about doing one you should seriously consider adding the cost of Cypher into the overall expense because it may just save you a motor.

IRC VK56 Member "BIG CHIEF WANNARACEUM"
05 KC"Land Shark" NA 1/4 MILE: 13.851 AT 98.52
Full Street Trim on Snow Tires Record Holder
Built 3/05 Check member gallery for specs

IRC VK56 Meets

IRC VK56 Colors

Nismo exhaust review & BB's install

The asphalt Savannah by L.S.

post #577 of 577 Old 06-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Rossi
Go fast tester
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Most vehicles even identically modded will run differently for some strange reason.

When it comes to adding boost to a motor the timming and Air Fuel Ratio becomes critical to the motor so much more then a N/A motor.

I really wish none of you guys would have had any problems. And I see some problems I think Stillen and the dealerships are to blame. But I'm not too sure Pats second motor is really Stillens responsibility. It showed up burning oil and left burning oil with Nissan stating that it is normal???? In what world i do not know!

There may be an issue with costs associated with damaged parts or other items but that's between Pat and STILLEN. The information is now out there for all to read. I think everyone has stated there side and have given everyone the information needed to help make a better informed decision on there own dealings with all companies in the future.

::Thread Closed by El Calor::

2006 SE Crew Cab Big Tow Sold 5-25-2010
1/8 8.79 @ 77.45 1/4 13.89 @ 95.99

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode