Help!! Titan Wont Shift From Park Gear! - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum

post #11 of 14 Old 03-29-2011, 04:56 PM
JRock
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Step 1:

Go to passenger side fuse box, and check the Stop Lamp fuse (4th fuse on the right side).

I had the same problem and mine was blown. The shifter release is electronic. I replaced fuse and it works for now. I thought one of my brake lights was out, so I replaced both with LED lights. But when I was testing the old lights I found that the bad one was either loose, or just lost the connection. The bulb was still fine, and the wiring still worked. Anyway, today I could not shift from neutral to reverse. Took apart my center console and learned about the shifter release mechanisms. Then found some blog that mentioned their fuse. I changed mine and everything is good now. But the blog also mentioned that his fuse keeps blowing, so I'll have to see what happens from here.

Know your role.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It kind of sounds like the burnout mod gone wrong.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim
post #13 of 14 Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Miguel
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you take off that cover to see the silver and black tabs?

post #14 of 14 Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Misfit482
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Same thing happened to me once. I was having a piece of crap day and in a hurry too. My remedy at the time was wrestle the steering wheel back and forth (worked on my 1500 everytime) and trying again with no success. Then I gave the steering wheel the "Hulk smash!" Has worked fine ever since....although probably not the best way to fix it.

'07 CC 4X4 banks ram air w/ tb screen removed, banks monster exhaust, prg minilift, PRG UCA's, 5100's mid perch, sway bar removed, 5125's, DK shackles, '08+ brakes with Powerstop D/S rotors and pads. PRG SS braided brake lines, headlight mod w/ Morimoto switchbacks, Legit 55w 6000 hid's (lows and highs), modded tail lights, street scene grille shell, xd diesel 20x10 w/ terra grapplers, pinch weld mod, axle vent mod, BW pocket flares, PD'd stuff, BL step rails, SM designs bezel kit, LPD Tru-cool radiator bypass mod, ADD W1 magnetic oil plug, Cajun B pipes.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode