Nissan Titan Forum banner

LED Interior Light Upgrade w/ Pics

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jaho1979 
#1 ·
Alright fellas, I finally decided to buy some LED's and upgrade my dull yellow interior lights to a nice crisp white. My truck is an LE and there are a ton of lights inside!
Here is what I used.

These for the front dome lights (2 are needed).
These for the rear dome lights (2 total are needed for the LE or those with the overhead console).
These for the footwell lights in the front, and door lights at the bottom of each door (6 total for the LE crew cabs). The flank lights shine in only one direction and concentrate the light. These are really bright in the footwells, and the door lights are pointed down and really light up the ground when opened.
These for the outside mirror puddle lights (non big tow LE mirrors).

Now for the pics...its hard to get quality pics cause the flash can't be used, but I tried two setting on my camera.

This set is in auto mode with the flash turned off

Mirror light from outside

Mirror light on the ground (they are brighter in person, and light up the ground well)

Front seats

On the following, the camera was set in night mode where it draws in extra light to illuminate the picture (no flash). The lights are not this bright in person, but these are still good pictures.

Mirror light on the ground

Front cab shot

Door lights on the ground

Overall, I am very impressed with the quality of the ebay purchases, and the light output is amazing, my wife was shocked at how bright it is in there, I recommend this to anyone who wants brighter (and non yellow) interior lighting.

See less See more
#2 ·
What part # for the bulbs and where did you bought them from?

The pictures dont look good but if your wife gave you a good comment about them Im sure they have to real brights...;)

#3 ·
Try the ebay links, those are the exact lights I bought...but the front domes are part # 3175, and the rest are part # 194, just make sure you get the flank lights for the doors and footwells.

#4 ·
hey that is great I hate the dim yellows we have but somehow just gave in to them. BUt this makes me think I need to take charge of my lighting. THanks Jason!

#5 ·
RBsTitan said:
hey that is great I hate the dim yellows we have but somehow just gave in to them. BUt this makes me think I need to take charge of my lighting. THanks Jason!
These are definitely brighter, and not yellow at all. If you want to see the in person before you buy, let me know, I'm around the next couple of weeks.

#6 ·
I like the dim yellowish stock lighting :) well for the interior anyway.

#7 ·
Good upgrade Jaho, never thought about that LOL

#8 ·
what is the bulb # for the mirror lights and how was the install for those? looks good also!!

#9 ·
S.TX_Titan said:
what is the bulb # for the mirror lights and how was the install for those? looks good also!!
Thanks! I think the official part number for those is 168...its the same size base as the 194 bulbs, but those were bigger (i.e. more light output). That's why I chose the 5 SMT LED Bulbs that I linked above, for the additional light output.

The install on those is probably the easiest of all of them. If you look at the light under the mirror, you will see a space for a small flathead screwdriver to push in the catch tab and release the light. Don't just pry it out, if you push the screwdriver in far enough, you will feel the tab and it will release the light assembly.

The entire light housing comes out when you do this. Next, give the bulb a slight turn to "unlock" it and it slides right out. Replace with the new bulb, re-insert it in to the housing, and snap the housing back in to the mirror.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.