Nissan Titan Forum banner

Titan stolen

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dustin103 
#1 ·
Yes on Fryday morning mt 06 Nissan titan had disappeared from my driveway. Called police never thought I'd see the truck again. Well Sunday morning Maryland state police called they had my truck. ( I live in Pa) going to retrieve truck Monday at 9:00 am. That being said here is a question. I now would like to locate a wire that I could installe a switch on and hide in cab say under dash. That would not allow truck to start without knowing it was there. Meaning open a circuit that is normally closed. If any one can offer any advise please please fire away.
Note I'm told by police the truck looks ok. I could not go down Sunday since truck was towed and impounded, so Monday is the best I can do.

#3 ·
I know XE's are exposed like that. they don't come with key chips. uprev is a good killswitch for that. with the anti theft set. you can't go over 1k rpms. lol.

#4 ·
I believe you can even have uprev set a map where it won't allow you to start the truck. Also look into the burn out mod, which will be the cheapest thing you can do. Just make sure the burnout mod you do is cutting behind the brake pedal. Then find a place to hide the wire and switch.

With the burnout mod behind the brake; when your truck is off and the switch engaged your truck will not shift into gear. Just another option for you. Good luck man.

#5 ·
+1 to doing the burnout mod. They'll never get it out of park I believe. Cheap insurance.

I have Uprev with a valet map. It won't go over a ridiculously small RPM and MPH level. Basically it hits the rev limiter just by starting it up.

#6 ·
Update, truck has been found. Thanks to the federal and Maryland state police.damage inside and out. Truck is in shop and insurance working things out at this point.
Ill be installing a hidden cut off switch in all my cars and a boat ASAP. Thought this would never happen but it does.
Everyone please do something if its an alarm or simply a cut off switch you do yourself. The hours spent on this, over the past week are nuts. But all is working itself out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#7 ·
Sorry to hear you had to go through this. I had this put on my truck to avoid any issues like this - www.ravelco.com There are dealers located all over the US, it's about $500 but they can come directly to your home and install it in about an hour or so. For me and my situation it was perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.