Nissan Titan Forum banner

SNOW PLOW ATTACHMENT

8K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  Tuishimi 
#1 ·
ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION ON SNOW PLOWS FOR THE TITAN?

#2 ·
I know they void the warranty. but not much more than that.

#7 ·
kytitan said:
jaysplaypen said:
I know they void the warranty. but not much more than that.
I don't think it will void your warranty. :D
the warranty books says:

or misuse (Proper use is outlined in
your OWNER’S MANUAL).
So if the owners manual says not to put on a snow plow, then that would void the warranty.

#8 ·
jaysplaypen said:
So if the owners manual says not to put on a snow plow, then that would void the warranty.
Doesn't it also say not to Install non-Nissan approved accessories or components? :D

So do you think just because you have installed a Magnaflow exhaust that you have voided your warranty?

Ever hear of the Magnuson act?

http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_LemonMM2.html

I'm sure you have JPP. :D

#12 ·
kytitan said:
btw I just read that some says it states in the owners manual chap 9 page 31 "DO NOT PUT SNOWPLOW ON NISSAN TITAN!"
THANKS FOR HEADS-UP, KY TITAN. This can only help. :)

#13 ·
Well, the Dealer were I got my truck had one Titan on display WITH the snow plow already installed. I'll see if I can find out for you...

#14 ·
kytitan said:
jaysplaypen said:
Doesn't it also say not to Install non-Nissan approved accessories or components? :D

So do you think just because you have installed a Magnaflow exhaust that you have voided your warranty?

Ever hear of the Magnuson act?

http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_LemonMM2.html

I'm sure you have JPP. :D
I totally know about it, but can someone help with the legal terms. I have tried to read it several times, and most of it is not in regular english. I would like to know were it says aftermarket parts can not void a warranty.

But even with the act, if it does say that, you are not protected from whatever hassle they are going to put you through. They are still going to deny the work, and you will have to get a lawyer to get it settled. I think the dealership is going to be less likely to deny the exhaust, then say a snow plow. I can only image the senario. You go in with a screw-up front end, I can only imagine most are going to use that as an excuse to not fix the front end.

I was not saying you were wrong KY, I was trying to help save this guy the hassle. I personally have been throught the hassle with the GMC, that they would not fix the rear-end because it was lifted. Tried to blame the Lift for the rear-end going bad. which we all know does not cause that, but warranties try to find any excuse to not pay.

#17 ·
Not sure what you all know about snow plows, so let me tell you all southerners how they work..lol.

If you are putting on the plow your front end won't be messed up unless you have never used one, a jack@ss or just plain not careful. Second, in a good winter you can pay off that truck, the plow and have plenty left over. A few of my friends up in the north east do this as a side job and make big bucks. I would hesitate if your not getting 10-15 snow storms a year... It is hard on their trucks.

#19 ·
OK, I just came from the dealer where I bought my truck... I asked one of the salesmen about the Titan they used to have with the Snow Plow. He saied the dealer had a shop installed that aftermarket snow plow on the Titan. So, I asked whether that would void any warranty and he said it wouldn't because it's just an attachment. So, a snow plow is no different that adding a bull bar, camper, etc. because it doesn't change the performance of the truck...
My $0.02

#20 ·
Peluche said:
OK, I just came from the dealer where I bought my truck... I asked one of the salesmen about the Titan they used to have with the Snow Plow. He saied the dealer had a shop installed that aftermarket snow plow on the Titan. So, I asked whether that would void any warranty and he said it wouldn't because it's just an attachment. So, a snow plow is no different that adding a bull bar, camper, etc. because it doesn't change the performance of the truck...
My $0.02
Do you really trust the salesmen. I don't trust them further than I can throw one, and I can tell you I could not pick one up. From my own experiences with warranties, they are quick to deny things, and you have to have lawyer money to get them fixed. But hey do whatever makes you happy. I do things that make me happy even if someone says not to also. So don't mind me! :wink:

#21 ·
Good thing you don't have to shovel the heat cuz I'd be buried in it by now.

Chrome Snow Plow might look hot though. At least I'd be the only one in PHX rollin a snow shovel! :roflmao:

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.