Nissan Titan Forum banner

Transmission cooler

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  colochoclab 
#1 ·
Got into a discussion on an RV site about Titan towing. Had one person state "Titans don't have auxillary tranny coolers". I looked at mine and found what looks like a tranny cooler just off center, on driver side, in front off the radiator. Have had aftermarket tranny coolers installed on three other trucks and this is where they mounted them.

Had another person reply that what I was looking at was a cooler for power steering and that the tranny cooler is actually hidden along side the radiator on passenger side.

Can't find anything in owners manual and don't want to take the truck apart to find out.

Does Titan (with Big Tow) have a tranny cooler (besides cooling lines going into the radiator itself) ? If so, where is it?

#3 ·
Handye9:
Was the RV site through Camping World's website? I thought I recognize the pic of your rig? That is where I found the link to CT. (Thank God!)
Over there, it seems like if you don't drive a 3/4 ton diesel whatsisever truck, you aint crap. They rely a lot on fear and folklore rather than facts, especially when it comes to Titans and towing.
I would not put much stock in what others over there say about the Titan. If you want the facts, this is the place. All you have to do is ask!

#4 ·
colochoclab said:
Handye9:
Was the RV site through Camping World's website? I thought I recognize the pic of your rig? That is where I found the link to CT. (Thank God!)
Over there, it seems like if you don't drive a 3/4 ton diesel whatsisever truck, you aint crap. They rely a lot on fear and folklore rather than facts, especially when it comes to Titans and towing.
I would not put much stock in what others over there say about the Titan. If you want the facts, this is the place. All you have to do is ask!

If your'e talking about the place where they say you need a Kenworth or International to pull a pop - up trailer, we're probably talking about the same place. They would have a heart atack if they heard about me pulling a 24' travel trailer with a V6 Dodge Dakota. I didn't have any safety problems with it, I just wanted more power. Thats when the Toyota Tundra came into the picture. Then I wanted more power and a bigger trailer. Thats when the Titan came into the picture.

#5 ·
colochoclab said:
Handye9:

FYI-- The guy trying to decide between a Titan and a Tundra, bought a Titan.

#6 ·
Hahahahaha!

Kenworth...Thats funny! What trailer do you have?

"If you can't laugh at that, you need to get the hell out!"
(Larry The Cable Guy)

#7 ·
QUOTE=c[olochoclab]Hahahahaha!

Kenworth...Thats funny! What trailer do you have?

"If you can't laugh at that, you need to get the hell out!"
(Larry The Cable Guy)[/QUOTE]

I have a Flagstaff 831QBSS (UVW 6200 and GVW 8100). It has Queen bed up front (with electric heated mattress), hide-a-bed and dinette in the large slide out, and four bunks in the rear bedroom. Enclosed underbelly with electric heated holding tanks. Built in entertainment center with surround sound (including subwoofer), Satelite Radio, DVD player, CD player and 21 inch flat screen TV. There are TV hook-ups in front and rear bedrooms also. Trailer also came from factory prewired for satelite TV, cable TV, and phone service.

Kids are all grown up and gone. I had deer camp in mind when I bought this. Had to beef up the bunks so they could handle my little boys who are 6' 4" and weigh between 250 and 275 lbs.

#8 ·
Very Cool!
I have an '06 Jayco JayFlight 29FBS (UVW 6725 GVW 8750), Queen up front with 2 bunks in back. Sounds verry similar to your Flagstaff! We've gone out only a few times this year, but we love the rig! I get a kick out of those who say the Titan can't safely tow anything over 6000lbs or else you will die in a firey crash or some such thing!
I am very pleased with the performance of the truck. It's no speed demon going up the passes, but I'll get there!

Happy camping!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.