Nissan Titan Forum banner

Adding new in-dash while keeping factory overhead

8K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  nofeareyes 
#1 ·
I am trying to install a new in-dash touchscreen into my 06 titan and I cant figure out how to keep the factory overhead mobile video (OHMV) working, I saw some diagrams on here for the unit and found if I put 5volts to the RES Enable wire it turns on the screen, but I still cant get any audio through the headphone jacks or with wireless headphones, anyone do this yet??

#4 ·
I’ve called Scosche and Visteon (manufacturer of the non-standard system) — Scosche has nothing to do interface and suggested I call Sonicx audio and waited on hold for 45 minutes and then left number for call back — never got call back !!

Same with Visteon and no response to their email form for support

C’mon guys - I know I’m not the only one to want to make this leap !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I’ve posted on both of the Titan forums and you’re the only reply I’ve gotten ... I think I’m going to surrender and replace the factory rear entertainment unit with a new 12” or 14” swivel monitor that’s a match with the head unit I get.

The wiring between the factory head unit and rear entertainment unit is so over complicated it’s not worth tryin to figure out

#8 ·
I’ve talked to them in fact several times—I have a copy of the Service Manual and the interface between the stereo and the rear entertainment system is insanely complicated so I’m going to surrender and get a new swivel/drop down system and replace the factory engineering “wet dream”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.