Nissan Titan Forum banner

My SLIP light is on....

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bulldog 
#1 ·
Ok, can anybody tell me what this light is telling me? Like I've said before, I have a leveling kit on my Titan, and I've been hearing some rattles that aren't normal. Do you know if a Nissan shop would fix this, or, would I need to take it to an off-road type of business? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

#3 ·
First off, your leveling kit has absolutely nothing to do with the SLIP light.

Since the ECM receives wheel slip information from the ABS control unit through the Controller Area Network (CAN) bus, I'd say you MAY have an ABS problem...

Like BBF asked, You're not getting any other lights, right?

The dealer should be able to take care of this as it SHOULD be under warranty.

#4 ·
That's correct, that's the only light coming on... Would the dealer look at the fact that I modded the front w/ a leveling kit, and say that there's no way they are going to fix it. I know that you say it's not a leveling kit issue, but, you know how some dealers are. Thanks!

#7 ·
I think the system also looks at the front wheel motion. You need to check and make sure you did not damage the sensor or the wires on the front wheels. You have one on each side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.