Nissan Titan Forum banner

Removing driver side panel and window motor

43K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Montag 
#1 ·
Okay, hopefully I fixed my intermittent window problem following one of the thread here (thanks Factor430!) I took some pics while I did it. Hoping I can be of some help to anyone else that want to try it.

1) roll up window, and tape it so it stays up. I use big clear tape at 3 places over the door frame.

2) pry out the power window switch, start at the back.

3) Disconnect the two plugs.

4) Remove the cover on the pull handle. I started from the botton. There are two screws under there, remove them with 10 mm socket.

5) Pry out the little cover by the door handle, remove the screw.

6) Remove the trapezoid shape cover, remove another screw.

7) Pry out the seat memory switch, start from the back. Disconnect the plug.

8) Pry out the step lamp at the bottom. Disconnect the plug.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Just make another post(s) with the added pictures.

#5 ·
9) Pry up the armrest top cover. I started from the back. I didn't totally remove it, just enough so I can get to that single screw.

10) Use a long screw driver or 1/4" socket extension, remove the single screw.

11) Now you're ready to pull out the panel. I start at the corner and work all the way arond using plastic trim remover I got from Harbor Freight.

12) Caution, don't drop the panel. You'll have to disconnect the lock cable and the handle cable from the door. Just use your hand. It now should look like this.

13) Notice that some of the orange clips got stuck in the door. You must remove them and attach them to the panel before you reinstall the panel. I use the trim remover to get them out.

14) Next, pull the clear plastic off the frame. No need to pull it all the way off, but you want to go up to where the speaker is. This will make it easier to remove the motor and its assembly. I use a sharp utility knife to cut through the adhesive as I pulled out the sheet. Faster and keep the plastic sheet in one piece. Once you're done, you can just press the adhesive back together.

15) Unplug the connector. You'll have to detach it from the metal panel, then remove those 3 bolts next to it.

Attachments

#6 ·
16) Notice the location of the assembly relative to cable and stuffs. This will make it easier when you reinstall it. Take few pics or make a sketch.

17) Remove the bottom bolt holding the assembly.

18) Remove the two bolts at the top that hold the assembly to the glass window.

19) Now you can slide out the assembly. Don't disconnect any cables.

20) Remove the 3 silver color bolts.

21) Carefully pry out the motor from the spool. Do not let the cable spool come out. I used a giant plastic clip to keep the spool in while I was working with the motor. You can use big tape or something.

22) Now follow the direction on this thread on what to do with the motor, or go buy a new one :) Thank Factor430 for those pics on what to do with the motor.

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58751

23) Oh, I also replace the clear white plastic plugs where the screws go in since they were worn out. I use the one designed for GM, they worked. I also replaced some of the orange clips. I got both from Autozone.

Feel free to make suggestion or ask for any additional info. Hope this helps.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.