Nissan Titan Forum banner

Question on tires for my truck

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  JohnnyMac 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I live in central/northern NY so I deal with a ton of snow. I also like to play off road a lot and I work my truck pretty hard between cutting wood and construction. I've had duratracs and bfg tako on other vehicles and liked both. What do you guys think are the best tire for snow and mud but that won't wear down to nothing quickly. I'm looking for the best of all three world's mud snow and longevity. Thanks guys. And pics would be great too of how they look that's kind of important too. I've been looking at duratracs, fierce attitude mt, bfg at tako, copper discover at3 and cooper stt max. Open for any suggestions though thanks.

#3 ·
I had the hankook dynapro mts on my last truck. And they were awesome in the snow and mud. And On my set with regular rotation I got around 60-65k miles out of them. Definetly some of the best tires I have had.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Duratracs are the crowd favorite. I love them too. The only complaint I have is the are not as puncture resistant as others. I have been running BFG commercial traction T/A's on my work van. They are an all terrain that is winter rated and studdable. They are also 10 ply and I have been impressed with the wear so far. I would post a pic but the site won't let me right now. Keeps telling me I'm not logged in???

#7 ·
I run E rated BFG A/T KOs in the summer with 100,000km+ (60,000miles+) and D rated GY Duratracs for the winter and off-roading ~20,000km (~12,000miles). I'd say off-road traction and snow traction is better on the GY; on-road traction, load handling, and tread life is better on the BFG...they also balanced with a quarter (or less) weight. The downside of the BFG is that at 50% tread life most of the sipping ends and they are no longer an appropriate winter tire.

#8 ·
An additional tire to consider is the General AT2, looks so much like the BFG that most people wouldn't notice, sells for less and includes a mileage guarantee.

Stay away from the Fierce, cheap tires made for the high school jacked up the truck daddy bought me market.

#12 ·
I might be a little late, but these would be my recommendation as well. I ran Terra Grapplers on my Dodge Ram and they were absolutely awesome for all my Alaska driving. My Titan I'm driving now has TOYO M/T's (which are great as well) however they are pretty spendy so I'll be running Grapplers when I swap these out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.