Nissan Titan Forum banner

Question regarding rear axles

978 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jaho1979 
#1 ·
I had a problem with the axle seals a while back. They leaked like crazy and the dealership replaced the whole differential. I have a 05 LE titan with tow package. Is there any difference besides the gear ratio between the rear ends? Do the rear ends have posi-trac? It seems that only one wheel get's the power now, how can I check to see if they replaced the correct one? Thanks

#2 ·
There is no difference, and there is no factory posi-trac offered. I am sure they gave you the correct axle. The only changes to speak of from 04-07 have been strengthening of the spider gears and the finned cover to combat rear end failure. Other than that, all Titan's have the same rear end, except for the gear ratio and locker on the off-road package.

#4 ·
sujittraiam said:
Awesome thanks. So no one makes a posi unit for the titan yet? I will definately want that when it becomes available.
There is one available, the Detroit/Eaton Tru-Trac! Many members have them here, do a search...they go for around $550 ish plus installation, and its a VERY stout unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.