Nissan Titan Forum banner

I want to run 35's HELP

11K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Canadian Miner 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2wd LE...Since I purchased new in Febuary of 08' Its' seen many different versions...Initially with 26" wheels and all the bolt ons...After six months I sold the set up and kept all the bolt ons, volant intake, superchips cortex, maganaflow exhaust, and I just ordered my Doug Thorley Longtubes...of course they're on back order for the next four weeks...

We'll after much deliberation I've decided to go with 22"wheels and 35" mud tires. I'm hoping I can make it with work with a body lift only..The Wheels and tires are going to run around 3,500-4,000...So If I can get away with only a body lift I'll be happy...Please give me some input on what all needs to happen to make this set up work. I may settle for 20" wheels and 33's if the 35's are not gonna cut it with a body lift. All comments are appreciated.

Thanks, Will.

#5 ·
Yea, the above option would be a much better set up than a body lift.....MUCH less hassle to install too!

#6 ·
I have a 3" leveling kit and a 3" body lift and I have 35" mud graps on mine, but like nmbronewinner said, it would be a lot less hassle. I didn't the lift myself and it wasn't the fastest thing I've ever done haha

#7 ·
35s work with a prg levling kit I believe on stock wheels so It really depends on your wheels offset. If they are close to factory the body lift or less should be fine. Otherwise you will need 4 inches plus.

#8 ·
Would using a leveling kit in conjunction with the bilstein 5100 setup provide enough lift for 35s?

Also what is the ideal offset for a 20x9 aftermarket wheel?

#9 ·
Would using a leveling kit in conjunction with the bilstein 5100 setup provide enough lift for 35s?
Yes, however depending on the truck and the tire width the PWM may be required. Make sure you don't go too high and cause coil bucket contact with the upper control arm.

Also what is the ideal offset for a 20x9 aftermarket wheel?
Not sure. Search the forum for the stock wheel offest and adjust for the additional width.

.... I looked a bit
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-wheels-tires-brakes/123129-what-stock-wheel-specs-titans.html#post2277201
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-wheels-tires-brakes/153278-specs-17-steel-wheels.html#post2937283

Norcal 4x4 said:
18x8 +25mm offset, 5.5" backspacing. The 6 spoke LE rims on the '04-'07 had the same specs.

The Off Road 7 spoke and XE steelies were 17x7.5" with +30 mm offset, 5.4" backspacing.

Lug pattern is 6 on 5.5" also shown as 6x139.7mm

Norcal 4x4 said:
I believe the XE had the same +30 mm offset as the 17" Off Road package rims, which is about a 5.4" backspacing on a 7.5" rim.
For an 8" width rim to stick out about the same, it would need to have just under a 6" backspacing, +38 mm offset.

For a 9" rim, it would have to stick out more because if it went in much more than a 6" backspacing with an A/T tire, there would be rubbing on the spindle. [For a really wide A/T like a 325, I wouldn't want to go much more than stock backspacing, 5.71" would probably be o.k. with stock spindles]. Think a low profile street tire can go to 6.5" backspacing.

So a 9" with +25 mm offset would have 6" backspacing and stick out an inch more than the stock 17's, or the 8's with 6" backspacing, (which will stick out 1/2" less than the stock 18's and 20's).

I'm pretty sure the XE Steelies have more offset than the Off-Road 17's (I have run both). But other than that I'd agree with what I've quoted.

My understanding is the "best" rim to fit a 35" tire too with the least modifications is the 05-07 Off-Road 17, which is 7.5" wide with a ~5.5" backspacing. You need to keep the tire in the same location while adjusting rim size so for a 9" rim my napkin calculation say 6.25" backspacing. Note that doesn't consider spindle clearance or other factors that may, or may not, come into play.

#10 ·
The wheels im looking at are 20x9 with +10 offset, TUFF T01. It appears that with this wheel the 35s wont fit with just the bilsteins.

#12 ·

Dropping this picture here to explain why offset and back spacing numbers don't add up properly. Offset is measured from the wheel centre line. Rim width is not the outside measure, it is the inside measure. Backspacing is measured from the hub side edge.

#14 ·
I beleive TitanLE went with a 6" Lift.

35s in general require >3" of lift, the right backspacing, a 35 that isn't wider than 12.5", and a PWM if they rub a little.

#16 ·
I know a guy running 37s with 4.56 gears, 6 inch lift and a I think a body lift. It looks good, but I really think 37s are pushing it on a half-ton.

I'm not sure if you want a rim that wide. Backspacing and clearance becomes a real issue. Search the forums for 35s on 20s and see what works, and what didn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.