Nissan Titan Forum banner

Nissan Connect issues

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GT4 
#1 ·
So, I have a 2014 PRO4X, purchased in Feb. and I'm messing with the whole Nissan Connect deal and not getting any luck. I downloaded the App for my iPhone5s despite the slaughter of reviews on the App Store! Oh yea, it was chaotic! Tried connecting it to the truck with the VIN number that you enter. The Bluetooth connects fine, downloads my phonebook, send recieve calls are fine as well. Only when my phone is connected via USB, does audio and Pandora work, but the text feature is still inoperable. I have the Connect registered with the VIN on the website and Google search works but that's it. Trying to get the text feature to work, this is the Premium with NAV, but no apps on the screen. Options are there for text send and recieve, but it's says no texts to read. When trying to send, it says that feature is unavailable. Trying to open the Nissan Connect App and connecting it to the truck gives error 20033. So now, I'm Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and seeing if anyone has any inputs, because I'm tired of reading Nissan won't, hasn't, isn't etc.... to resolve this issue. Thanks so much and take care.

-GT

#2 ·
UPDATE!! This has worked for a week now: with my iPhone connected via Bluetooth and under Phone Settings on the Titan, I selected Auto Reply to "OFF" and I can now receive text messages. The only thing is, can't reply to the text. However, the voice will read you out the text and or display it.

So, when you receive a text, you will hear a tone and see something like the first photo. At this point it's obvious. Now, if you are exceeding 5 mph, your text will be read out to you by the Navigation Voice. Only, when you are under that speed can you read it off the screen. See second photo. I hope this helps, please let me know if you need help. I will see what I can do about the reply part.

Attachments

#4 ·
After much research and reading, I found that no one had any luck at a dealership. This includes multiple Nissan vehicles with the Nissan Connect capability. Also, different forums, like Nico forums. That being discovered, I took other people's expirence and went with what worked for them. Seems to be a "Nissan issue that they are working". This also entails different cell phone models across different carriers. Most notably, were issues with iPhones. However, iPhones worked in other vehicles and I can testify to this personally. So, with that said, I'll make it to the dealership when I can and see what they can muster up. As with making my purchase, I was more knowledgeable about the truck than they were. Granted this was time researching and watching the product develop over years. So who knows what I will actually get? Anyway, I'll update as I get more info. Thanks so much and take care! :)

-GT

#5 ·
I have a 2014 Pro-4x with Nav and I also have an iPhone 5s. Here is what I have figured out.
1. Sending text messages doesn't work and won't. It is an iPhone issue and not a Nissan one. I took mine into the dealership and they said there were no software updates available, either.
2. There is a setting under Settings -> Bluetooth -> tap the small "i" in the blue circle next to "My Titan" and then enable "Show Notifications" on your iPhone to get received text messages to show up on your screen and allow,the system to read them.
3. Pandora does not work over Bluetooth if you want to control it from the full interface on the Nav unit. For the full Pandora to work on your screen you must be connected via USB. This is just a limitation of the system.
4. You do not have to have an app on your iPhone for most things to work.
5. The main purpose for setting up the account on Nissan's website with your VIN is to get the Google Send-To-Car feature to work. As far as I have seen, this is the only reason to do it, but I could be missing something.
6. When using Bluetooth for playing audio/music I have found it to be temperamental. It takes a while after I have started the truck for it to work (I can crank up, back out of a parking space, wait for traffic and pull out on to a street before it will work sometimes), but I have also had to switch back and forth between XM and Aux and switch through the Aux options over and over again before it will start acknowledging the Bluetooth audio connection and start working.

I hope this helps some. I also hope Nissan releases a software update sometime soon because it is a PITA. I basically just always use the USB connection in order to alleviate some headaches.

#6 ·
Yes sir, all that is true. From what I've read, it doesn't appear that Nissan is really on it as far as getting everything to work. It helps just to be able to receive and that is good enough for me. After XM trial is over, I'll USB for Pandora if I want. Nissan Connect App was an expierement. Thanks for the input. Take care.

-GT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.