Nissan Titan Forum banner

Tread Lightly! AZ Trail Clean Up in the Sonoran Desert Nat'l Monument (4/25/15)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Discount Tire 
#1 ·
Last month we partnered with Tread Lightly! on a project to clean up Table Mesa Recreation Area where 250 volunteers showed up, in the rain,
to pick up trash. Together we removed more than 10 tons of trash from the area! Click HERE to see more about our day cleaning up Table Mesa.

Tread Lightly! is back at it and is hosting another trail clean up day on Saturday, April 25th, 2015 in the Southwest Valley. This is another step
toward keeping our Arizona off-road recreation access open. Please share this info with your family and friends. The more people that help, the
more that can be done. See the information below for more details.

We need your help!

Join us for a stewardship event on the Sonoran Desert National Monument.

Every Volunteer Counts!

Please bring water, work gloves, hat, sunscreen, trash pinchers, buckets and wear long pants and sturdy shoes. 4WD and OHV vehicles are useful.

• When: Saturday, April 25th, 2015

• Time: 7:30am-12:00pm (Check-in starts at 7:30)

• Where: Gas line/ Power line Road in the Sonoran Desert Nat'l Monument

• RSVP: Sign up online at: http://tinyurl.com/sonorancleanup

• Directions: The area is off of the Gasline/Powerline road that runs along the north side of the N. Maricopa Mountains and is the Northern boundary for the monument.

From Maricopa: (High Clearance vehicles only. Drive will take about 50 minutes to 1 hour from Maricopa to Project Site)

Take Hwy 238 (SR 347 and Smith-Enke/Route 238) west appx. 12.5 miles to Mobile Elementary School at 99th Ave. (between MP 31 and 30). Turn right on 99th Ave. at the school. Drive a short distance. FOLLOW THE ORANGE FLAGGING TO THE LEFT AT THE ROAD FORK; cross cattlegaurd. You are now on the Gasline/Powerline road (aka Komatke Rd). CONTINUE FOLLOWING THE FLAGGING. Continue northwest 5.7 miles along Gasline/Powerline road. Road narrows, cross cattleguard, continue straight on well-graded road 1.3 miles; road curves to right. Continue another 1.3 miles north on graded road (Bullard Ave.) and turn left back onto gasline/powerline road. Drive another 5.2 miles northwest along gasline/powerline road to Project Site/Sign-In Table.

From West Valley Area (Buckeye/Goodyear/Avondale): Drive will take about 30-40 minutes.

Eastbound I-10: Take I-10 East to Exit 123, Citrus Rd/Cotton Ln (West of Loop 303 Interchange.) Drive East on frontage road to Cotton Ln. Turn Right on Cotton Ln.
Westbound I-10: Take I-10 West to Exit 125, Sarival Ave/Cotton Ln (East of Loop 303.) Drive West onI-10 frontage road to Cotton Ln. Turn Left on Cotton Ln.
Once on Cotton Ln, drive South about 6.5 miles to Estrella Pkwy Roundabout. Turn Right on Estrella Pkwy Roundabout; stay on Estrella Pkwy and drive South appx. 3.5 miles to Willis Rd (4-Way Stop). Turn Right on Willis Rd, drive West 1.5 miles to Rainbow Valley Rd. Turn Left on Rainbow Valley Rd and drive South appx. 7 miles. Rainbow Valley Rd ends. FOLLOW ORANGE FLAGGING, and drive the far right two-track dirt road South about ½ mile to the Gasline/ Powerline road and Project Site/Sign-In Table.​

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the slogan "Respected Access is Open Access".

Thank you for being involved in responsible events.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. We are passionate about having fun and working hard to keep our trails open for everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.