Nissan Titan Forum banner

Spent over $1000 and still won't start!!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Canadian Miner 
#1 ·
So, here we go!! My 2006 Titan shut off coming home from engagement pics because it stopped getting fuel. It would crank, but not start. Got it pulled back to house and the next day I replaced the fuel pump ($221) from Advanced Auto. No help. Did some research and everyone said it could be the relay, so I payed to have it towed ($55) to Nissan, and they put it on the diagnostic ($150), and they said it was the fuel pump. I told them that I just replaced it and they said that it could have been defective and wanted $1200 to replace it again!! Ummmmmm....... NO!! So I had it towed back to the house ($55) and had a mobile mechanic come out ($150) and do his own diagnostic and he said it was the fuel pump too so I bought another fuel pump and the same result. Nothing. Double checked the fuse, swapped the fuel pump relay with the fog lamp relay, nothing. Made sure I had spark out of the coil packs, check, got spark. So with all the recall talk (my vin doesn't fall under the recall), I bought a IPDM controller anyways ($300) and that didn't work!! So I have no idea!! Anyone have any suggestions??

#2 ·
It cranks but doesn't start?

Have you tried a different key?

Have you confirmed that there sufficient fuel in the tank? Don't trust the fuel gauge.

I assume it isn't throwing any codes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.