Nissan Titan Forum banner

traction control ON A 4 X 2

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  crod504 
#1 ·
I have a 06 LE cc. Does traction control actually work as could hardly stop the wheels spinning at take off from traffic lights. Not hard acceleration. drizzle rain.

I have 22" aftermarket wheels on with nearly new Toyo's.

Is there a switch or button in the cab that I have to switch on to activate.

Aftermarket traction stuff.

Any genuine info. appreciated.

Jamie

#2 ·
Your truck should be equipped with VDC. W/ VDC on (which it is on evertime you turn your truck on) it is your traction control. how it works is if it feels one of your wheels pulling harder (slipping) than the other, it cuts out the throttle until pwr is equal. Most of us who race turn this off (there's a button in front of your floor shifter beneath your climate controls that says VDC on/off) when we race so that we don't have anything holding back our WOT. So if you have VDC, you have traction control. Does this answer your question??

#3 ·
sorry for the threadjack, but if you dont have that vdc button, that means you dont have it? or i just cant turn it off? lol

#4 ·
bran761g said:
sorry for the threadjack, but if you dont have that vdc button, that means you dont have it? or i just cant turn it off? lol
you don't have it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.