Nissan Titan Forum banner

who's ready to see some 11's??

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  04titanss 
#1 ·
Well after a long vacation (15 months) of not spending a dime on my truck the floodgates are finally open.. I decided to take a long break because I was just disgusted with the whole jatco issue, spending 15-16k on 4 transmissions in the past 2-3 years will tend to do that to a person, lol
Well now the real-life priorities are over like my wedding, honeymoon is over, and my new house is about to start being built I finally decided to give this racing thing another try..

So here's what's been bought lately,lol

2 cases of Amsoil Max ATF
1 case of 5W-30 motor oil
Custom one-off set of bogart racing wheels
Hoosier slicks
M&H skinny front runner tires

This was bought before my trans blew 15 months ago but some of you guys might've forgot
CSF aluminum race radiator
3 gallon water reservoir for the intercooler
Snow performance Meth kit

Lastly truck leaves for uprev on wednesday 8am..
Thier going to pull my trans, ship it to Level 10 , then re-install and tune my truck for 10psi with the meth.
10psi will just be used for the track, I think 8psi is plenty for the street anyways..

heres some pics cause everyone loves pics, lol

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Good to have you back, Chris!
Some of our newer members may not know about your truck, so here are a couple of pictures that show some of the extensive work Chris did.

Attachments

#3 ·
Alright. I am glad to see you back. I loved following everything you did. Can't wait to see that truck run again. And Congrats on getting married.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
Damn i love that truck!

#7 ·
here's some updates.. sorry forgot to do updates here as well,lol

1/18/13---well Pat @ level 10 took apart my trans today and said it was toast.. he said he doesn't like alto clutches and his are way better. But he claimed the main problem was the torque converter he said it just blew up internally. I told him that must've been the loud noise that shook my whole truck, lol felt like a grenade went off underneath it. Either way he is changing out the frictions, seals, new upgraded pump assembly, new splines? (he said mine had deep gouging), and a brand new triple billet disk converter with anti balooning plate /w his stall speed as well as some other goodies he wouldn't elaborate on. I'm leaving the stall speed up to him, I sent him my dyno graphs and he seems to think a lower stall will actually benefit the truck more for the track and street to help load the motor faster to get it into boost.
here's the real kicker.. lol he just started on it today and told me he would be finished with it in a few hours and try to get it shipped off for me tonight. Man how's that for service.. I'm so excited and ready to see what this thing can do fully beefed up..

1/30/13----Just a update:
Trans is in my truck and they have been tuning trans tables to work with my oversized injectors for the past two days making sure the load axis was correct..
Yesterday they did some driving around town driving to get some miles on it before subjecting it to the dyno for 2-3 days of relentless tuning, lol
Today jared also applied new "hot start" etc tables they came up with for my truck which lets it idle at 650!! Just like stock no more 800-1150 rpm surging!!
He also claimed it would help with excessive wear on my clutches
Who knows guess we will see

Today he put it on the dyno and already noticed my numbers are way higher with new trans than with old trans. So obviously a tighter converter is making more usable torque and not letting it go to waste like the 3600 stall was. Jared told me the hp went over 500+ and tq was 560+ even on heatsoaked dyno pulls .. This makes me extremely happy considering they havent even started tuning for more boost or meth yet..
More numbers hopefully tommrow..

here is a dyno pull they did yesterday that they posted onto thier facebookpage.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater

#8 ·
update 1/31/13----Last night the best run i seen was 505rwhp and 566tq! although jared did say before the motor was heatsoaked it did hit 570's. I cant believe the truck is making this much power on only 7.1 lbs of boost on 93 octane pump gas.
Heres some of the reasons why:
1) New transmission from level 10.. Biggest factor being properly specc'ed converter to take advantage of this motors massive torque..
2) my hks electronic boost controller was never configured properly After installing. Jared spent a hr or so calibrating it and setting the proper settings to get it to build boost faster and hold it constantly thru the full run.

Well on the way to pickup the truck this morning jared called me and told me he couldnt maintain boost levels thru a full pull on the dyno and he would need to keep the truck for a few days more to diagnose why.

About a hour later we get there cause i was curious about what was going on.
Well from all the dyno pulls and excess heat from my headers i guess jotech installed my meth kit and boost controller vacuum hoses to close to the left header and those lines where melted.

So to fix the issue i told jared i wanted to install a vacuum manifold block to where all devices that need vacuum pressure could get thier readings and it'd be more accurate and wouldnt have 10-15 plastic t's everywhere and would look more professional and work better as well.
Lastly thier going to wrap all the vacuum hoses and meth hose inside DEI insulated heat wraps made for wiring and hoses to keep this from happening again.
Hopefully this will be the last of the issues im ready to drive this new beast!!

Heres my truck strapped to the dyno like the dyno queen whore she is, lol

This is all i could fit in camera phone pic sorry
This was on 7.1 psi via hks electronic boost controller

so in summary i went from 468hp to 505hp gain of 37rwhp and from 488tq to 566 which is a gain of 78tq! I just think the other converter was horribly matched to the power output of my last setup.. Thank god i dug out every dynograph to show pat.. I told him set the stall to whatever you think is best and he definatly chose well

Just bought this as well.. Probably wont do anything for the track but for street performance should help keep the turbo spool responsive.. My exhaust housing is already ceramic coated but this should help retain even more heat..

http://www.ptpturboblankets.com/product_details.php?cat_id=34&pro_id=34

#9 ·
Thanks for the updates, Chris. Good info!

#12 ·
Can't wait to see it on you tube man. Keep us posted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.