Nissan Titan Forum banner

Brake Controller Wiring

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  TitanBlue 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 Titan with the towing package. The owners manual states that a small wiring harness is located under the dash on the left side. I can find the connector that is labeled trailer connector, but i have been unable to find the wiring harness with the loose wires on the end that is spliced to the electric brake controller. Has anyone wired up a brake controller? Any help would be appreciated.

oldman
redd_d@sbcglobal.net

#2 ·
The "pigtail" that fits that connector came in the glove box on vehicles with the factory tow package.
The Prodigy controller is probably the best you can buy. You can get a harness with it that plugs directly into the Titan connector; no wiring/splicing required.

#3 ·
Could be under the driver's seat, too.

#4 ·
Get the pre-made connector for the Prodigy instead of wiring it yourself. I switched from my self-spliced pigtail to the mfg connector and gained +2 on my Prodigy setting! (Better wires?)

-Lab

#8 ·
I have to agree on the mounting spot. It's out of the way enough that you don't whack it with your knee but you can still get to the device easily enough for manual over-ride operations.

#9 ·
Keep clearance for the OBDII Connector under the dash there. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.