Nissan Titan Forum banner

SLIP/ ABS lights on

26K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Mini Titan 
#1 ·
I have no idea what is wrong but the SLIP and ABS lights are on in my truck. 2005 KC 4X4 LE no off road pkg. There are no traction control or vdc switches in my truck. It still stops and goes. Why are these lights on (even after ecu reset). Any ideas????

#2 ·
No clue, but I'm sure someone will let you know. If not call the service dept. and ask them.

#3 ·
I've had that happen twice. The first time I had gotten rear-ended and my exhaust got bent so temporarily I cut off the exhaust after the muffler. This ended up heating up and shorting out a sensor on the right rear wheel. Even without vdc you should still have that sensor for the abs so if there's a problem at one of those sensor it will trigger those lights. The second time those lights came on was a fe months ago when my transfer case blew (loose bolt from the factory!!) and that also triggered those lights and shut down my abs and vdc.

Point being in short if I had to guess I'd sauy pretty cofidently its one of your wheel sensors although there's a smaller possibility any drivetrain sensor could trigger it. A visual inspection of the wheel sensors might reveal something. I'd start there. The sensor was i think $60 and immediately solved the problem.

Good luck!

-Jonny

#5 ·
As BBF stated, the brake fluid must be all the way to the full line.
Usually low fluid level means well worn pads. If your level is down, check front pads for wear.

#7 ·
Slip

I have the same thing on my truck. The dealer said its the ABS system.
I have to bring mine in when its doing it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.