Paint Problems Red Alert - Page 4 - Nissan Titan Forum

post #31 of 35 Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 PM
nightowl
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My 2005 Alert Red just started doing the same thing on every body panel except the driver side door which was repainted when the truck was a week old from a dent. I called Nissan today and they stated they have not heard of any issues and the truck was out of warranty. No chit!! I had three body shops all state the clear was delaminating and probably from a defect or contamination at the factory. This all happened in a day or two. Nbigbass2@aol.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 2wd alert red ffv
2.94 gears
Dyno jet-310 hp/376lb/ft
NCD 2" level kit FRONT 1" REAR
Stillen headers
Stillen/CSF Aluminum radiator
2.5"pipes CUSTOM CAJUN BPIPES, built by myself PM if interested in a set.
AIRRAID MXP CAI
CAJUN BPIPES/Y-PIPE WITH BORLA AND ULTRAQUITE
UPREV TUNER VERSION
TRU TRACK
Skeeter bass boat attached to trailor ball.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CAJUN CUSTOM B PIPES by NIGHTOWL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 02-20-2014, 02:30 AM
AJ
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Angry delaminating paint

I have it on my 04 radiant silver and I've seen it on the canteen green also. They should have a recall.
post #33 of 35 Old 01-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Gniknek
Shift_lurker

My red '06 Titan just started de-lamination on the hood and roof in about six huge patches. Anyone get answers or results yet? I'm going to call Nissan too.

post #34 of 35 Old 01-05-2015, 10:30 AM
58chevy
Shift_lurker

I have an '06 also and it started delaminating a few months ago. This is a very common problem with Nissans of this age. As far as I know if the vehicle is out of warranty Nissan is not legally required to do anything. Nissan will continue to deny there is a problem but just ask any busy body shop and they are all very familiar with this problem. Still love my truck but Nissans response to this has been very disappointing.
post #35 of 35 Old 03-25-2015, 08:46 AM
bellshireguns
Shift_lurker

Red Alert paint delam

I have a 2010 Crew Titan garage kept with 39000 miles, that started this year. I am in Nashville, TN. and we had an extremely cold winter this time. From what I have observed is the white patches went away once the warm weather came back. It appeared to be water trapped between the base red color and the clear coat. Water froze , frost turns white. Frost melts water becomes clear but still trapped behind the clear coat. It will eventually dry out, but leave small popped bubbles in the clear coat. Three body shops have written estimates, all around $5500.00. Nissan deal priced it at $4500.00. After a quick shuffle with Nissan's local rep, she came back with what they call a "GOOD FAITH " offer of paying 25% of the cost of repairs. Titan owners definitely need to ban together and file a class action on Nissan.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode