Nissan Titan Forum banner

Super chargers

6K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  Blizzard LE 
#1 ·
Hey guys can someone tell me what brands make sc for our trucks. I keep reading stuff about stillen but also just recently read about eaton an wondering which is best.
Thanks

#2 ·
The installation of superchargers on our engines has not resulted in good performance or reliability. A good set of long tube headers along with high flow cats and a good exhaust system, Wolf cams and UpRev tuning will give the best results, and cost a lot less than the supercharger.

#8 ·
better stay with the Stillen headers, pacesetters are junk. Their craftmanship on their production SUCKS ! I owned a set for the ranger and wouldn't use them for anything else but a boat anchor in the future. Could never keep gaskets in them and the flanges came with welding slag and everything all over them. I bought them ceramic coated, they just coated the slag too.

#7 ·
IMO the NISMO headers are the best, but they are no longer made. You might luck out and find a used set, but it isn't likely.
I have heard that NISMO may start up production of the headers again.

#9 ·
There is talk of someone making Nismo knockoffs, a copycat set, but can't remember which site I saw it on. Might be worth a search if you can get them reasonable and he is good at making them. They are the ONLY equal length tube headers in existence.

#10 ·
Headers

I also recommend JBA shorties that are ceramic coated.

It allows you to keep your catalytic converters and you don't have to move your sensors to avoid throwing a code.

#11 ·
I also recommend JBA shorties that are ceramic coated.

It allows you to keep your catalytic converters and you don't have to move your sensors to avoid throwing a code.
Yeah I would buy JBA's before a pacesetter anyday, problem with JBA's is they are a shorty and I think you would have to weld your cats to them. Not sure but all the pics I see are no bolt on flanges. Plus the cats so close you don't eliminate the threat of Cat breakup and being sucked back into the motor. That has happened before also, metallic core is the way to go in my book. Berk has a set

#13 ·
People on here will bash the Pacesetter headers but few have actually seen or used them. Ive had my ceramic coated pacesetter longtubes for a year now and ive had no problems, no leaks, and they still look the way they did when i pulled em out of the box. Plus my truck runs and sounds great. I think they're a great alternative for those who dont want to pay out the @$$ for headers.

#14 ·
There is a reason they do bash them, and coming from a guy that HAS owned a set, I speak from experience not folklore, and I am not telling you what to run. I am merely relaying my experience with them, and pacesetters custotmer service is horrendous. I called them repeatedly about the set I had, they offered to prorate a new set at 50 % of a new set. Ridiculous since they were less than 3 months old when the problems started. Never did get their gaskets to seal, had to make a set of my own, funny how that did work when I made them.

#17 ·
I am running the Doug thorley long tubes on my truck and I love them. Fantastic craftsmanship and really nice polished ceramic coating.
I hear that guys up north have had the DT LT rust on them but they are in areas that see a lot of snow and and road salt. I am in ga and we have a pretty mild climate year round so I don't expect anybissues with mine.
Good luck.

#20 ·
the Nissan was designed with (variable valve event lift) or I think the abbreviation is NVVEL. the intake valves open at different levels depending on rpm's. it's kind of like a turbo without all the weight and moving parts. it's y turbos don't yield great results. I'd have to say Nissan is the better at everything.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#24 ·
Only nissans that have vvel is the 370z I think. My m has the same engine as the 370z.

#25 ·
Just an update in case anyone is reading the thread. JBA came out with long tube headers for the Titan a few months ago. I don't have them myself but I haven't heard of any major issues with them.

#27 ·
The VK56 has VVT starting with the 2007 model. Not sure if VVEL is the same as VVT but I kind of doubt it.

#28 ·
This is correct.

#29 ·
I believe the new body style 400hp qx56 has the vvel.

#31 ·
It probably does.
Just in case anyone is interested, VVT means variable valve timing, and VVEL is variable valve event and lift.
The VVT on our 5.6 varies only the intake cams timing. The VVEL varies valve timing and lift.

#30 ·
I have JBA mainfold replacement headers with Flowmaster dual exhaust, I'm pleased with the performance. The wife feels it's to loud so she drive it anymore.

#32 ·
The new 2013 2.5 Altima has vvt on both intake and exhaust. Guess that helps get the 38 mpg and 183hp. Not bad for n/a four banger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.