Nissan Titan Forum banner

Suspension Lift

3K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  jaaron 
#1 ·
I Have A 07 Cc 2wd This Fri I Am Doing A Fabtech 6 Inch Lift With 2 Inch Spacer In The Spring And Another On The Strut Tower I Believe Thats Correct For A Total Of 10 Inches Of Lift With A 5 Inch And 2 Inch Block Stacked Maybe A One Whatever It Need To Be Level And Im Running A 20x9 With -12 Backspace Kmc Hoss Wheel With A 37 Inch Terra Grappler.anyways The ? Is Do Any Companies Make A Steering Stabilizer For This Truck And Do I Need It.the Shop Whos Doing It Does Mostly Only Custom Lifts.they Have A Hummer H2 With 40 Inchs Of Lift So I Know They Can Figure Mine Out Any Help On The Stabilizer Is Appreciated Though

#2 ·
jaaron said:
I Have A 07 Cc 2wd This Fri I Am Doing A Fabtech 6 Inch Lift With 2 Inch Spacer In The Spring And Another On The Strut Tower I Believe Thats Correct For A Total Of 10 Inches Of Lift With A 5 Inch And 2 Inch Block Stacked Maybe A One Whatever It Need To Be Level And Im Running A 20x9 With -12 Backspace Kmc Hoss Wheel With A 37 Inch Terra Grappler.anyways The ? Is Do Any Companies Make A Steering Stabilizer For This Truck And Do I Need It.the Shop Whos Doing It Does Mostly Only Custom Lifts.they Have A Hummer H2 With 40 Inchs Of Lift So I Know They Can Figure Mine Out Any Help On The Stabilizer Is Appreciated Though
You useind a 2 inch spacer int he spring and a 2 inch spacer on top of the shock tower?
Good luck no bottoming out on small bumps.

#5 ·
jaaron said:
Wow! sorry not to jack your thread but I can't believe a custom shop would install a lift that involved stackin' spacers.

You'd be better off getting the 8" CST w/quality CO's and crankin' the CO's.

If you don't mind me giving you advice call PRG Greg before you do anything!

#6 ·
That is not safe!!!!!!
please reconsider!

#7 ·
Noone makes a steering stabilizer.

And your gonna have issues with whatever combo it is you've come up with. We'd all love to see pictures of it when it's completed. How about typing in complete sentences next time too please--it makes it much easier to read and understand! Thanks, and welcome to CT.

#8 · (Edited)
I have seen many trucks with stacked blocks i dont understand how they could be dangerous?I also didn't know this was a grammer forum and if you can't read a run on sentence i'm sorry you have problems with that .As far as the front end suspension the strut tower spacer is custom and i already have the procomp spring spacer installed.if it doesen't bottom out now it never will.i guess my andwer is either noone knows if they make if they make a steering stabilizer or they just don't make one

Guess We Will Have To Find Out Tommorow I It Doesent Work We Will Try Something Else

#9 ·
I think 54warrior answered your question. Noone makes the stabilizers.

As far as a grammar board yes your right it's not a grammar board, but breaking your statements into sentences just makes it a lot easier to read, that's all.

Everyone on this board is knowledgeable in one area or another and we'd hate to see a fellow Titan owner make a mistake on customizing his/her truck.

But if your dead set on your current plans, PLEASE post pics of the install!

#10 ·
I'm not all that familiar with lifts; however, by the way you've put it..... I wouldn't be caught dead in that Titan. Consider doing the 8" CST lift, log on to www.prgproducts.com, and check out their merchandise. Be careful, we are all a community and care about your safety; we're not putting you down at all...so please don't take it like that.

#11 ·
Results of stacking spacers on the front:

Originally posted by PRG, the TITAN suspension expert:

You cannot add any type of spacer to the coilovers on either Fabtech or PC kit. If you add the upper a-arms, we can machine a custom spacer to fit (it's a bit thicker for the FT kit). One gives just under an inch for the PC kit and upper arms, the other is about 1.5" of lift for the FT kit and upper arms. But any leveling kit is just way too much and the coilovers are desigend to offer the max lift possible with out the upper arms hitting the coilbucket.

^^^That holds true whether you've got an aftermarket C/O and a spacer ontop, or stock C/O+6" lift spacer+2" level kit spacer.

We're just trying to help man!

#12 ·
I just know the man doing the lift has done thousands of them.I do apprieciate you looking out for me.Nothing is being done that can't be put back to stock and this company puts great pride in there work so i trust them with my truck.I definetly will put pics up though by sat.

#13 ·
Ok man good luck
I sure hope your buddy knows what he is doing like you say
I am interested in seeing these pics
good luck

#15 ·
glad to hear that man! I cant wait to see how that beast looks!

#16 ·
jaaron said:
Set up went in great.I left it at the shop till monday so i can get it aligned.ill take pics tommorow
Hey man,
Keep us posted. I would like to see how it comes out and ultimately how the spacers workout for you, especially a few thousand miles down the road and some offroading.

People here arent giving you a hard time. They are just looking out for you. The individuals that have replied to you would not give you any advice that they would'nt have wanted someone to tell them.

#18 ·
jaaron said:
This truck will never see anything bit fla asphalt.Iff i was going to do offroading i would never have done the lift like this maybe i should have mensioned that in the beggining.I did it stictly for the look.i appriciate the looking out for me though

but i meant not bit
All is good! Not to sound impatient, but pics would be nice Please!

#20 ·
How high are you lifting this thing F/R and how? I'm really interested in seeing the results. From the sound of things it doesn't sound too safe, even if you aren't taking it off road. Pics will answer a lot of questions. I haven't heard of any steering stabilizer for the T, if you aren't leaving the pavement why would you need really one? Just a few questions. A picture is worth a thousand words...Good luck

#22 ·
Yeah, time to ante up with some pics man!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.