Nissan Titan Forum banner

Airaid tbs

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  shailey 
#1 ·
Just ordered one of these from Burtman's. One question about the screen delete. What can be used to cut the screen out? I dont have a dremmel. is the metal thin enough to use a good pair of wire cutters?

#2 ·
Funny, I just put mine in like a hour ago. You can use a dremmel but I used a pair of tin snips. Just have to watch for the O ring when cutting.

#3 ·
Yes you can use a wire cutter... Ther are only 3 tabs you have to cut and they are thin... I did mine over the weekend...

#5 · (Edited)
Mikey if you could borrow a dremmel that would be the best thing, but if you use a tin snip be very carefull not to bend the gasket as it is all one piece and make sure you take it out when you cut it because the metal tends to fly all over the place. I actually bought a new one and went to work on it since the old one was rusty anyways. Take a look:-
http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14333&page=2&highlight=throttle+body+gasket

I have modified both adapter gaskets several times and have messed around with several screen setups to see how they would affect performance, so these are just examples of work in progress LOL !! Any questions or more pics you can PM me Mikey !

Attachments

#6 ·
MDTitan: Yes I felt that the low end power returned after installing the TBS...

#8 · (Edited)
installed the airaid spacer this morning, everything went well. one question. When I pulled out the "o" ring with the screen, most of the screen especially the edges were black, not with a residu or anything it just looked like it was blackend or charred. is this normal? If anything I was expecting it to be clean with only 8500 miles on the truck!

#9 ·
mikepro said:
installed the airaid spacer this morning, everything went well. one question. When I pulled out the "o" ring with the screen, most of the screen especially the edges were black, not with a residu or anything it just looked like it was blackend or charred. is this normal? If anything I was expecting it to be clean with only 8500 miles on the truck!
Normal, nothing to worry about.

#10 ·
where can i get a TBS besides poweraid (i have a K&N cai and on the stylin concepts site it notes: that this will not work with K&N GEN 2 CAI. need some help picking one that will work with the K&N. thanks in advance for any advice or opinions.

#11 ·
Anyone know why the screen is there in the first place?

#12 ·
i think it suppose to smooth the air before it enters the throttle????

#13 · (Edited)
titaninak said:
where can i get a TBS besides poweraid (i have a K&N cai and on the stylin concepts site it notes: that this will not work with K&N GEN 2 CAI. need some help picking one that will work with the K&N. thanks in advance for any advice or opinions.
The Airaid TBS will work fine with the K&N.

titaninak said:
i think it suppose to smooth the air before it enters the throttle????
It reduces turbulence after the air passes the throttle. The helical bore in the TBS does this, so the screen should be removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.