Nissan Titan Forum banner

2 degree advance and towing

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  joeincalif 
#1 ·
Any of you guys or gals have the two degree advance and then towed since.Notice any changes in engine performance?Mine is a 2014 4x4 non tow non offroad,just a airbox mod.Im towing a 4800lb dry weight tt.Just want to compare specs.Thanks!

#2 ·
My 06 has Big Tow but no off road package, I had the 2 degree mod performed before first oil change. Engine had better performance and when towing no pinging issues. I have been towing our 25 foot boat ever since. Gas mileage has always been poor however my driving condition are not ideal for good getting good mileage. I am sure mileage would improve if there was more highway driving.

#3 ·
05 Big Tow, UpRev Tuned, headers, b-pipes... and 2+. Can't really compare apples to apples but I have found the truck can more easily accelerate when towing with less throttle input with 2+. If I remember correctly we used believe that 2+ doesn't add any "power", it just brings the "power" down a bit in the rpm range making it more usable.

#5 ·
I just bought a 2015 Titan SV to pull my 29FT trailer. I was pulling it with my 2012 Armada that I just found out was only rated at 8200 lbs. but I never had a problem. When I bought it I was told it would pull 9100 but the sales man LIED to me, can you believe that???? The titan is rated at 9500 so it should do a good job

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.