Titan Longevity - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum

post #11 of 19 Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 PM
04titanss
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rad, axle seal, cracked manifolds, ac actuator & tranny.
All I can think of now.

2004 XE KC Performance Mods: UNDER GROUND
Quickest UNTUNED Titan 13.900 @ 96.67mph
N/A Tuned Non Cammed 13.180@102.31

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 09-12-2012, 12:00 AM
nmbronewinner
Shift_Fanatic

67k miles. Radiator, brakes, axle seals(rear end replacement), transfer case, u joints, window regulator, tire sensors, parking brake, I also think I have a cracked manifold I need to take care of......Im sure there is something else I have forgotten. In my opinion....the only damn thing that I can count on is the motor. I have faith in nothing else.....although it doesnt hurt my love for the T.

2005 CC LE Smoke, SE 5 Spoke Smoke Rims,TOYO MT 35X12.5X18 tires, Sway-A-Way Extended Travel Coilovers, Bilstien 5100s in the back, Sway bar end links from PRG, Pro Comp Stage 1 lift, Pro Comp Offroad Traction Bars, Century hard deck cover, Smoke Euro Alteeza Tails, Chrome Bib Cover, Super 44 single in dual out Flowmaster, S&B Intake, CSF Radiator, Bully Dog GT Tuner, Westin Bull Bar, 2 8in HELLA lights, Lund bug gaurd up front and rain gaurds all around, tint all around, Billet Slat Grill, Custom 1/4in T6 Al skid plate
post #13 of 19 Old 09-12-2012, 11:35 AM
9balllrook
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got over 160,000 miles on mine, and have only had typical maintenance issues with mine. As you said you have less than 80,000 miles on yours, you can have the exhaust manifolds replaced under the 80,000 miles emission warranty.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

'06 SE off road, 07 Intake, Injen CAI, Doug Thorley Long Tubes, Hi=Flow Cats, Gibson Cat Back Exhaust, UpRev tuned, 2-1/2" PRG lift, Bilstein 5100s, cyro treated power slots, goodridge stainless brake lines, 20" Ultra Goliaths w/ 305/55/20 Pirelli Scorpions, pair of under-seat 10" subs & KEF separates powered by Kenwood DNX-9960 & Alpine, Remote start & protection by Python

post #14 of 19 Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 PM
mwilson207
Shift_Newbie

My 05 SE has almost 114k on it and it runs better than ever! I run her hard and drive it like trucks are meant to be driven everyday and really have had no major issues mainly just normal wear and tear.

05 Titan SE, K&N CAI,gibson performance 3" exhaust with 5.5" metal mulisha tip, Rough country 2" leveling kit, Custom interior lighting, first responder red and white dash and grill lights, rear hide away strobes, cobra CB, and much more to come!
post #15 of 19 Old 09-12-2012, 05:59 PM
JCopeland
Shift_lurker

I'm sorry BuenasNalgas, I haven't been on lately and didn't see your question. In my 282,000 plus miles for the most part the standard things others have had with their Titans. The brakes, rear seals, the IPDM (?) before Nissan change the relay under warranty, the clicking under the dash, that turned out to be expensive, and one O2 sensor. I did put a Magnaflo dual system from the cats back and a cold air intake on it when it had less than 5000 miles on it. That's been pretty much it.
post #16 of 19 Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 PM
BigA
Shift_Hardcore

I'm at 74K on my 05, so far I've had the manifolds, ac actuator and o2 sensers, runs like new otherwise, but I'm thinking about another year or so and I will trade for something new.

Current
2014 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab 4x4

Previous
2005 Nissan Titan SE 4x2 Radiant Silver, Big Tow, Popular Package with Captains chairs, OEM Foglights, Bugsheild, Bedliner, XM/Sirius Radio
post #17 of 19 Old 09-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Rivet
Shift_lurker

Careful with longtubes if you live in an emissions testing county. Anything that relocates the catalytic converters from the stock location will cause you headaches and require custom tuning for rear O2 delay. I've been through that crap with my mustang. I would think that shorty headers that mate up to the stock downpipes would be fine...haven't investigated any yet as my truck is only 5 days old .
post #18 of 19 Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 PM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore

04 with 94k on mine and i push her hard. ac actuator, regular preventive stuff done. U-joints are not looking friendly and i can't seem to figure out this rough idle issue. but i'd only trade her for a newer T. love my Truck.

04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
post #19 of 19 Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Sullman
Shift_lurker

Here's what I just did at 85K

Just about like new -- I am keeping it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's what I did...

2005 SE Crew 85K - been bought and paid for since 09...

Had a groaning noise in the front from 25-40 really noticable. It was the front drivers bearing. Leaking in the rear were the dam rear axles seals again.

I put on new Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza's 265x70r18
New bearing on drivers front left and did both rear kits
New Bilstien 5100's 1.5" up --> Also new springs as they were cracked

It drives like new. No...New, it never felt this good. That 1.5" of liftis really noticable.

Last thing is the drivers seat skin is toast. I called my local dealer and they wanted $287. I looked at the new Wet Okole seat covers at $250 which I then watched 30 minutes of video to install them. Then I remember you folks here using courtesy nissan in texas. I called them and the skin was really $94. It is enroute and my local upholstry guy is going to replace it and will use the good material on the old one to fix a section on the bottom seat skin -- one estimated about $160 labor so for $254 I will be functionally getting a new drivers seat and they are adding foam back in as well.

So at this point I am about $2500 into it. Can't buy a truck this nice for $2500!

Thanks for the input and this site has a wealth of information that has saved me $$$

-Sullman

Prior to that, the radiator and another rear axle seal under the extended warranty. I did put on the JVA cat back SS exhaust (before they changed the muffler) from Bertman.

Last thing I am thinking of is putting in the Burlwood kit... Anyone done that?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode