Nissan Titan Forum banner

How hard to remove drivers floorboard Carpet?

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sht06 
#1 ·
I noticed I have damp to wet carpet under my drivers side floor mat. When I get moved back to OH next weekend I want to pull the carpet to see if I can find the leak. How do I remove the carpet from the front floorboard? I would assume thiers a seam somewhere between the front and the back?

#2 ·
I think the carpet is one piece. You will have to remove the seats, seat belt anchors, center console (if you have one) and the thresholds and kick panels.

#3 ·
OK, yea I'm not going to do all that, I'll just have to pull back the drivers side as much as I can then get the garden hose out and check for leaks.

#5 ·
How do u fix it. Where is the write up?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
Would the AC cause the drivers side to be wet? I thought the drain was on the passenger side? It being winter I have not run the AC lately, but the AC runs when the defrost is on correct? The AC has begun to have a mildew like smell when I first turn it on. I did pull the carpet back and couldn't find anything. I did find a seam gap on the underside on the transmission tunnel and I sealed that up.

#7 ·
Could be back window due to the stance of truck.That's 06 and newer with big back glass.Mine ran the gully from back to front floor board.The noise/heat insulation acts like a sponge. And yes A/C dose run when you select defrost.But I would start with seal around back glass.There was a T.B about squirting silicone in the large gap around back glass.Mine would leak after heavy rains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.