Nissan Titan Forum banner

Titan Radiator leaking?

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  04TitanKC 
#1 ·
I have had my Titan for almost a year and a half and today I walked outside and noticed a puddle about as big as my shoe size on the ground. It was leaking radiator fluid. How in the world can I fix that?

#2 ·
Replace it, if it is leaking like mine did it is coming from the bottom tank. This is a poor design by nissan. A local radiator shop may be able to replace the tank if they can find one in the aftermarket.

#3 ·
how much we talking?

#7 ·
Id say my warranty is long past gone... Im at 50k

#10 · (Edited)
#11 ·
S.TX_Titan said:
i replace ming a while back with an aftermarket one. i had it shipped for i belive 160. i'll see if i can find the link.

alright, its a silla radiator for $175 with free shipping. here's the link: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=11367+1684+4294967022+9234
Thats the one I keep finding everywhere...now question...How hard is the swap? Oh and did you swap out the hoses/thermostat too? What about the Tranny cooler we have?

DId you notice any cooler temps etc after the install?

#13 ·
FYI: Most of the cars & trucks built in the 60's and early 70's used a downflow radiator like in the Titan, there should be a rad out there that the mounts can be moded to work in the Titan.

#14 ·
Toomnymods said:
I emailed these guys @ Koyo to see if thier was any intrest in making us a aluminum racing radiator, funny thing is it is totally polished aluminum and will perform leaps and bounds over the stock POS and would be about 150.00 cheaper..
I thought one of the websites I was on actually already had the koyo on it...am I wrong...

#16 · (Edited)
ahhh...dangit!

Should I change the hoses/t-stat too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.